Odd laundry situation on Sirena

vlthom

Only longer cruises (over 14 days I think) have a bag special 20 items for $25 or close to that amount

You pay by the item so depends on what you are sending out

If you can stand using the laundry room it is $2 for a load to wash & $2 per load to dry ...soap is included

found an old listing with prices ..gives you an idea at least

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27238677&postcount=3

Thanks! That sounds like a pretty good deal. Any idea on the longer cruises how often they offer those laundry bag specials? We're currently booked on 16, 27 and 32 day cruises and up until this point we have only cruised on O cruises that were 10 days and packed accordingly. However, on the longer cruises we're trying to come up with a laundry strategy as we have no desire to do any laundry if we can help it when we're on a cruise.

Thanks! That sounds like a pretty good deal. Any idea on the longer cruises how often they offer those laundry bag specials? We're currently booked on 16, 27 and 32 day cruises and up until this point we have only cruised on O cruises that were 10 days and packed accordingly. However, on the longer cruises we're trying to come up with a laundry strategy as we have no desire to do any laundry if we can help it when we're on a cruise.

Please note in my reply that on a 14 day transatlantic last month the deal was offered twice.

I avoid those laundry rooms like a plague. Bad experiences.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our recent 34 day cruise I think the 20 for $24.95items was offered about 5 times. It's a great deal, especially for items you don't want ironed or are willing to iron yourself. Things are literally just folded; all my husbands boxers were stacked and then folded over together. Mine done the same way. The price list posted is from 2010 and prices are significantly higher, as is true with most everything. I think dry cleaning a pair of trousers is now about $9.50 or so. But don't hold e that.

On our recent 34 day cruise I think the 20 for $24.95items was offered about 5 times. It's a great deal, especially for items you don't want ironed or are willing to iron yourself. Things are literally just folded; all my husbands boxers were stacked and then folded over together. Mine done the same way. The price list posted is from 2010 and prices are significantly higher, as is true with most everything. I think dry cleaning a pair of trousers is now about $9.50 or so. But don't hold e that.

Great! We can definitely work with that. Hopefully a pair of socks is equal to 1 item.

We did the transatlantic on Riviera 3/26 - 4/9. 14 days, the $25 per 20 item bag deal was offered twice.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks

we have done 10 & 12 day ones where it was not offered & 18 day ones where it was offered

We just booked a cabin near the laundry room, on the starboard side. My recollection is that the door to the laundry room is on the port (left facing forward) side of the ship on the smaller "R" ships. Is that correct? Any thoughts about noise from the laundry room?

Mary

We just booked a cabin near the laundry room, on the starboard side. My recollection is that the door to the laundry room is on the port (left facing forward) side of the ship on the smaller "R" ships. Is that correct? Any thoughts about noise from the laundry room?

Mary

We were opposite the laundry room a few years ago and honestly could not hear any noise from it. I found that being that close to the laundry facilities was great. James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mary

I think it was an exception to the rule, but we were opposite the laundry room on an R ship and did not like it. People lined up outside the room early in the morning waiting for the laundry to open, loud and inconsiderate. Had to ask them to tone it down. There were lots of alumni groups on that trip. As I said, probably an exception but we vowed never again.

Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donna,

That's the opposite of our experience in the same cabin on Regatta, but our experience was in 1999 when Regatta was the R2 with Renaissance and maybe that explains the difference. But one afternoon I opened our door to discover a cocktail party going on in the hallway with people who were waiting for their laundry to be done. In the hallway it was loud but we hadn't heard anything while we were in our room.

And we never encountered people lining up early either ... maybe Oceania people are cleaner than Renaissance people were. :D

Mura

I think it was an exception to the rule, but we were opposite the laundry room on an R ship and did not like it. People lined up outside the room early in the morning waiting for the laundry to open, loud and inconsiderate. Had to ask them to tone it down. There were lots of alumni groups on that trip. As I said, probably an exception but we vowed never again.

Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I haven't personally experienced it, have heard from some passengers that noise from off-balance or otherwise problematic washing machines can be heard in immediately neighboring cabin(s?)

Perhaps I shouldn't post this, but the best time to hit the laundry room is at 4:45-5. Everyone is doing trivia happy hour early dinner preparations. Pop the clothes in, return in 30 to transfer to dryer. Done!! Can almost always get two or three washers too!