MSC Musica Aug 2017

Chook00

hello my wife and our 7 year old daughter have booked with MSC Musica for a 8 day East Europe cruise Aug 2017.

It's our first cruise so we don't have any idea what to expect.

Looking for tips and tricks and dos and donts.

We have upgraded Aurea in a balcony room on level 15.

Looking to take advantage of any insider tips on the following

Kids club

Meal times

Shows

What to pack

Drinks package inclusions and exclusions

Tipping

Getting on and off the boat.

Room space for 2 adults 1 x child

Thanks in advance

Edited by Chook00
Spelling

hello my wife and our 7 year old daughter have booked with MSC Musica for a 8 day East Europe cruise Aug 2017.

It's our first cruise so we don't have any idea what to expect.

Looking for tips and tricks and dos and donts.

We have upgraded Aurea in a balcony room on level 15.

Looking to take advantage of any insider tips on the following

Kids club

Meal times

Shows

What to pack

Drinks package inclusions and exclusions

Tipping

Getting on and off the boat.

Room space for 2 adults 1 x child

Thanks in advance

We will also be on Musica in August for the sailing of 20th out of Venice and we are taking our 5 year old son with us. We booked a suite AUREA on 15 th deck.

We have a previous experience on Divina but in Yacht club. I am a little nervous because this is a downgrade for us but, for Eastern Europe itineraries, there are no MSC ships with yacht club.

To answer your questions:

For the kids club - it depends of the child. Some adore it, others don't. Our son didn't want to stay at the kids club at all when we were on Divina in April. We were counting on it as we read so many good reviews about it, but he simply didn't want to go. We went once with him over there but he refused to enter.:confused: He said he prefered to stay with us....I think your daughter should try it, maybe she will enjoy it there as they do lots of fun activities.

Meal times: for AUREA guests, I don't think there is an imposed time for dinner in the MDR. In our reservation is written "open seating" and I know it is in a dedicated part of the MDR. You can always go to the buffet whenever you want :)

Shows: the shows on Divina were great and we loved them! I think it will be the same for Musica. They are twice, at 19.00 and 21.00. We used to go for the 2nd one.

About packing : just summer casual clothes but also some nicer dresses/pants for evenings. On Divina we had 2 gala nights - I think on Musica it would be at least one - and people were really nicely dressed. And I don't refer just to yacht club but all over the ship. It is not imposed though. My husband wears suit every day at work so during vacation he wasn't in the mood to wear suit as well but he had nice pants and shirts. I had cocktail dresses.

Drink packages : for AUREA guests, all drinks are included.

Tipping: there is a standard amount per day added automatically to your account. If you are happy with the service during the cruise, you can tip extra - it's up to you. We were in yacht club and had butler as well. We loved the service we had received so we gave him and his assistant an extra tip at the end of the cruise. We also tip at the restaurant and in the lounge. The service was simply amazing and I hope it will be the same on Musica even if there is no yacht club.

Embarking and disembarking : for AUREA you have priority boarding and it goes pretty fast. I don't know about disembarking though. For Yacht club, we left the boat around 9.30. We could choose the time. We could have stayed until 10.00. I don't know how it is for AUREA - maybe someone else will answer that.

Room space : there is plenty of room for the three of you. You have a sofa and the bed is big enough.

In general you will spend time outside your cabin so you don't have to worry :)

Have a great sailing, great time in Europe and maybe see you onboard if you are going for the same cruise as us ;):)