Carnival Fantasy-Sick Passenger Cruise was canceled today

tawaik

Actually the cruise wasn't cancelled. It got into port around noon and left back out to sea around 4pm. It's now a CTN and will return on Monday as scheduled. The word is that a woman stabbed a man and hit an artery. They were requesting blood donations. He looked somewhat awake and alert as they were taking him off the ship in port.

Umm how do the screen the blood>>>

Actually the cruise wasn't cancelled. It got into port around noon and left back out to sea around 4pm. It's now a CTN and will return on Monday as scheduled. The word is that a woman stabbed a man and hit an artery. They were requesting blood donations. He looked somewhat awake and alert as they were taking him off the ship in port.

Umm how do the screen the blood>>>

That is probably not the highest priority when the alternative is bleeding out.

I didn't think a CTN was legal these days. Interesting.

They can do a CTN will a special waiver in circumstances like this. Not sure who the regulating body is, but a few months ago when Fantasy was experiencing propulsion issues, they asked for and were granted a waiver to sail a CTN. It turned out that they fixed the problem and made an unscheduled stop in Key West. Those who chose to stay on board were very pleased with the unexpected stop.

The compensation sounds more than fair to me, since a missed port of call usually only gets you fifty bucks, if that. A three day cruise to nowhere, with half your money back, plus 50% off your next cruise... I'll take it.

My thought exactly. Which is why we stayed on board! :) I can't believe the people complaining like Carnival did something wrong. Sheesh.

Will Carnival let you apply discount like that? I thought the future discount was based on the fare paid for the original impacted cruise.

The fine print at the bottom of our apology letter specifically says the future cruise credit of 50% is based on the fare paid on this cruise. It's half of what we paid back now, then half of what we paid back later. :)