Carnival Breeze questions

Teibban

Hi everyone,

After our first 2 cruises (NCL Getaway and RCCL OTS) we are now trying a third cruiseline, Carnival. We have looked at the Carnival Breeze 7 nights from Galveston going to Belize, Mahogany Bay and Cozumel for next March 4th 2018. I have several questions for you who have been with Carnival before:

1- Is there a link to see an up to date MDR menu? Only ones I found are from 2015 unless they are still the same :)

2- How is Anytime dinning? Is there a lot of time waiting if going with kids around 6PM?

3- Does Carnival have wine packages like pick 5 from a list for a fixed price?

4- How is Galveston currently? 6 months should be enough to fix everything from the Hurricane?

5- Kids will be 6 and 9 and merely speaks English (French is our primary language). Anyone knows if they have any French speaking personnel at the kids club? this is a long shot and not a deal breaker at all :)

6- Does Carnival have sometimes promotion including the alcohol package?

7- Looking at ************* website as in Canada we have rarely nice OBC promotions from travel agents. I got offer from different travel agents such as CruiseOne etc... Are this reliable? If someone from Canada knows a good travel agent that offer perks, please let me know :)

Thanks all for your help. After this cruise, we will choose with which one NCL, RCCL and Carnival we will stick. At the moment NCL is #1 for us but might have been an off week for RCCL but service and food was not as good as NCL for us.

Jonathan

Norwegian Getaway May 2014

RCCL Oasis of the Seas February 2016

1- Is there a link to see an up to date MDR menu? Only ones I found are from 2015 unless they are still the same clear.png?emoji-smile-1742Search for recent posts that show American Table menus. That's what we have on the Breeze.

2- How is Anytime dinning? Is there a lot of time waiting if going with kids around 6PM? I've done Your Time Dining every cruise since they started offering it. I love it. Gives us ultimate flexibility when we want to eat. We usually aim for 5:30 - 6 PM to eat and rarely wait more than 5 mins. Elegant nights can be a bit slower, so we just make sure we're there for 5:30, or wait til after 7:30 to eat.

3- Does Carnival have wine packages like pick 5 from a list for a fixed price? Yes they do but I've only ever bought a 3 bottle package, years ago so I don't have any recent details for you. I just know they do offer it.

4- How is Galveston currently? 6 months should be enough to fix everything from the Hurricane? Galveston actually experienced very little real damage, and the port, hotels, parking lots and most restaurants were only temporarily under water (flooding was only real damage from what I hear). So we're expecting everything to be back to normal when we cruise in 2 weeks, 6 months should be no issue.

5- Kids will be 6 and 9 and merely speaks English (French is our primary language). Anyone knows if they have any French speaking personnel at the kids club? this is a long shot and not a deal breaker at all clear.png?emoji-smile-1742Je ne sais pas, desole! Vous pouvez demander a Carnival Guest Services maintenant, ou attendez jusqu'à ce que vous êtes à bord et demandez de Club Ocean.

6- Does Carnival have sometimes promotion including the alcohol package? I've never heard of discounts associated with Cheers, but I do know it's cheaper if you pay before you cruise, rather than waiting til onboard. $5 per day cheaper...

Hi everyone,

After our first 2 cruises (NCL Getaway and RCCL OTS) we are now trying a third cruiseline, Carnival. We have looked at the Carnival Breeze 7 nights from Galveston going to Belize, Mahogany Bay and Cozumel for next March 4th 2018. I have several questions for you who have been with Carnival before:

1- Is there a link to see an up to date MDR menu? Only ones I found are from 2015 unless they are still the same :)

As stated by previous poster, Look up American Table menus.

2- How is Anytime dinning? Is there a lot of time waiting if going with kids around 6PM?

We prefer assigned seating. The one time we tried Anytime, we did not like it due to wait time, rushed service, and different tables / servers night-to-night. We prefer the familiarity when servers get to know us.

3- Does Carnival have wine packages like pick 5 from a list for a fixed price?

Yes. Usually 3 price levels with corresponding quality wines. We usually take the lower or mid-level, and have never been disappointed with any of the selections.

4- How is Galveston currently? 6 months should be enough to fix everything from the Hurricane?

Yes

5- Kids will be 6 and 9 and merely speaks English (French is our primary language). Anyone knows if they have any French speaking personnel at the kids club? this is a long shot and not a deal breaker at all :)

Je ne suis pas du tout certain qu'ils vont avoir du personnel francophone.

6- Does Carnival have sometimes promotion including the alcohol package?

No. Every day has a different "drink of the day" that is $1.00 rebate from the regular price.

7- Looking at ************* website as in Canada we have rarely nice OBC promotions from travel agents. I got offer from different travel agents such as CruiseOne etc... Are this reliable? If someone from Canada knows a good travel agent that offer perks, please let me know :)

We are also in Canada, and I always book using either a CCL agent or directly online myself. If you decide to use a travel agent, I would suggest using somebody local to you that you can see and talk to. CCL website and Cruise agents usually always have visibility to promotions.

Thanks all for your help. After this cruise, we will choose with which one NCL, RCCL and Carnival we will stick. At the moment NCL is #1 for us but might have been an off week for RCCL but service and food was not as good as NCL for us.

Jonathan

Norwegian Getaway May 2014

RCCL Oasis of the Seas February 2016

Enjoy your cruise Jonathan !

The only problem with Galveston may be hotel situation. Read that someone had their reservation cancelled by hotel. They are using all rooms for displaced by hurricane. Living in area that has been hit by past hurricanes once this starts it is forever before they move out.

The only problem with Galveston may be hotel situation. Read that someone had their reservation cancelled by hotel. They are using all rooms for displaced by hurricane. Living in area that has been hit by past hurricanes once this starts it is forever before they move out.

There are still rooms available in Galveston... some hotels did take evacuees but most are now settled in so rooms that are available are not likely to be cancelled. Not to mention this should not be an issue when you're cruising next March!

We had a hotel for Saturday night booked since March. It was cancelled last Sunday. We book 2 different hotels that same day, one cancelled 3 hours later and the other one the next day (Monday). We have booked another one and so far we are still on.