MSC Musica Stern Balcony

handlebarstudio

Hello! I am trying to get some information on the aft rooms - specifically 10247 and 10242. We originally chose these cabins because I heard so many wonderful things about aft rooms and once we went on a Hol. America cruise where my aunt had a FABULOUS aft room. We thought we would try it. Now, after the fact, I have heard that the Musica doesn't have big rear balconies like other ships (except one level - which isn't 10) and they get smaller as they go up and by the time you get to 12 its basically a Juliette balcony with no room at all.

I guess I am wondering if anyone has been in this room or an aft room on the Musica and would be willing to let me know how large the balcony actually is. If they are not that great, should we move rooms?? Any opinions would be great! :confused:

I had an aft balcony on Deck 8 on the Orchestra, which is a Musica class ship. The balconies themselves are not that big, but still bigger than the port and starboard balconies...but the view is the selling point for me....you can click on my TR below and you can see pics of the cabin and balcony.

• 8 months later...

Just an update. We just got back and although I will never choose MSC again, I can tell you that Musica 10242 and 10247 (we had both rooms) have balconies that are about 9 feet deep and the width of the cabin. Inside looks about the same as a normal room as well and we really enjoyed the space

• Like 1

Has anyone ever stayed in a forward balcony on the Musica? We are booked on one on Deck 15. The motion and the wind will probably be strong, but I imagine the view will be excellent.

Just an update. We just got back and although I will never choose MSC again, I can tell you that Musica 10242 and 10247 (we had both rooms) have balconies that are about 9 feet deep and the width of the cabin. Inside looks about the same as a normal room as well and we really enjoyed the space

Thanks for returning with an update. Sounds like you didn't quite enjoy your MSC cruise. How did the aft cabin work out in terms of sun/shade, noise and vibration?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just wondered if you have any pictures of the balconies as we are booked in the exact same ones in July and would love to see the size before we go

Thanks

Richard