Penthouse on Sirena

colombiangirl

I'm going back and forth trying to decide if I should upgrade from an A2 (concierge) to a PH3? The difference is $1000 per person which isn't terrible if the difference is significant in space and ammenities. My parents are sailing with us and have an oceanview. Thoughts? This will be our first Oceania sailing (16 day Transatlantic).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

You won't have much time to decide because the room may be taken by someone else who acts more quickly.

For me, I opt for a PH because the room is larger, especially the bathroom. The room itself is also larger. We go for the PH more for the space than for the concierge benefits.

I think of it this way: in an "A" or "B" room, if one of you wants to walk from the far end of the room to the door while the other person wants to do the opposite, one of you will have to wait for the other. In the PH, you can both move at the same time.

Mura

• 2 weeks later...

This cabin is very forward, just before the entrance to the bridge. We haven't been in this cabin but we were in Nautica's 8005 (when it was the brand new R5) and the only problem -- which for us was NOT a problem -- was that sometimes in the morning we heard furniture being moved above. Some people have been very bothered by this... we never were.

Mura

Mura,

After I read your post I did a little research, probably something I should have done that before I moved cabins. Looking at the Deck 9 layout I realized that was probably a horrible spot. Today I moved us into 8006 (PH2), under the waves bar. Seems that it will be a quieter location as opposed to being under the fitness center. Maybe the upgrade Gods will be smiling down on me and move me to a PH1 more midship.

I've never been in that 8001 location although we were supposed to be in 8003 or 8004 on Nautica last summer, but we were bribed to move downstairs to a B1 for a ridiculous refund ... which we accepted because that refund paid for our Vista on Sirena in October. Good luck on your new location, and best wishes for a move to a PH1. We've been just as happy in PH2s and 3s as we were in 1s, but we may have been lucky!

Mura

When they bribe you with $20K back, a downsell doesn't seem so terrible.

No, I didn't want to do it. But I knew DH would be interested so I let him choose, and he opted to do it. He immediately regretted his decision but it was too late. That PH was gone in about 2 minutes.

However, while we have become used to the larger suites, we didn't mind the standard veranda cabin ... other than when Howard tripped on the bedding going around the corner and scraped his knee! Our main reason for opting for more expensive digs has been the bathroom more than the room ... but I didn't mind the miniscule shower the way I did in the past ...

The word I have seen here is that Oceania is not going to be doing these expensive downsells in the future ... we shall see. But we told our TA not to present these offers in the future, although we really didn't mind this one!

Mura

$20K.....Wow!!!! I think I'd have made the same choice. Although I can see how when you get used to sailing in suites this must have been a bit of torture. Just like flying first class and then going back to coach....awful!! This is our 1zt suite experience after many sailings on other cruise lines so I have a feeling I'll be ruined for future cruises. It's my 50th birthday celebration so we are going for it!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

How much cheaper is a Guarantee than just booking a specific PH cabin?

There is no difference in cost. You buy in at the cabin rate which you desire.

The advantage of buying a Guarantee is that you are guaranteed a place on the ship, either in the category that you bought in at or a better (higher) one.

Not wanting or intending to highjack this thread..but when you have your plans set on your choice of cabin here... maybe some of you can offer me a little advice too.

I am absolutely new to the Oceania world of cruising and unfamiliar with their ships. I have just made a reservation for a V1 aft cabin because of the aft views. However, after doing that I'm concerned the cabin may be a tad small. We usually cruise in suites on other cruise lines, but don't spend an abundance of time in our cabin. Looking at the PH 1..2..and 3 I still have other options. The cruise, 25 days Miami to Miami Amazon River. Looking for a bit of guidance from what appears to be a wealth of information here. :*

However, after doing that I'm concerned the cabin may be a tad small. We usually cruise in suites on other cruise lines, but don't spend an abundance of time in our cabin. Looking at the PH 1..2..and 3 I still have other options. The cruise, 25 days Miami to Miami Amazon River. Looking for a bit of guidance from what appears to be a wealth of information here. :*

What size of cabin are you use to?

some ships the suites are not much bigger than Oceania's PH cabins

Not wanting or intending to highjack this thread..but when you have your plans set on your choice of cabin here... maybe some of you can offer me a little advice too.

I am absolutely new to the Oceania world of cruising and unfamiliar with their ships. I have just made a reservation for a V1 aft cabin because of the aft views. However, after doing that I'm concerned the cabin may be a tad small. We usually cruise in suites on other cruise lines, but don't spend an abundance of time in our cabin. Looking at the PH 1..2..and 3 I still have other options. The cruise, 25 days Miami to Miami Amazon River. Looking for a bit of guidance from what appears to be a wealth of information here. :*

Can you double check your category. I'm pretty sure there is no V1. There is a VS, but they are at the front of the ship. Perhaps it's an A1 Concierge, that would have aft views. Personally if the price difference is no issue I'd go with the PH.

As an example this year we are doing a B2B leave from Honolulu heading to Papeete (12 days) we are on the NCL Jewel in a fwd facing suite right under the bridge not sure of the sq footage but sufficient to have friends in for a visit. The 2nd leg of the cruise (Papeete to Sydney) we are in an aft facing suite .. those suites are similar in size but the fwd deck is far larger.

I guess my question would also be would the aft view be a trade off for the suite benefits and larger cabin.

On deck 8 of the Sirena are all PH suite similar in size ?

Hmm, that brings me to another problem.

I have just returned to Canada from Arizona where I booked this cruise on a whim. I was able to view the web site and look at the cabins on the various decks. This morning (first day back) and is it a Canadian thing or am I doing something wrong? I am not able to load the web page on my computer ? I have tried several ways, several times. Nothing !

I know that living in Canada I am unable to see the US version of NCL . Is that likely to be my problem ?

I can't find a phone number to call them and ask .

As an example this year we are doing a B2B leave from Honolulu heading to Papeete (12 days) we are on the NCL Jewel in a fwd facing suite right under the bridge not sure of the sq footage but sufficient to have friends in for a visit. The 2nd leg of the cruise (Papeete to Sydney) we are in an aft facing suite .. those suites are similar in size but the fwd deck is far larger.

I guess my question would also be would the aft view be a trade off for the suite benefits and larger cabin.

On deck 8 of the Sirena are all PH suite similar in size ?

Hmm, that brings me to another problem.

I have just returned to Canada from Arizona where I booked this cruise on a whim. I was able to view the web site and look at the cabins on the various decks. This morning (first day back) and is it a Canadian thing or am I doing something wrong? I am not able to load the web page on my computer ? I have tried several ways, several times. Nothing !

I know that living in Canada I am unable to see the US version of NCL . Is that likely to be my problem ?

I can't find a phone number to call them and ask .

I find there is a problem with some browsers on the O site

I use my netbook with Win 10 & firefox if you use IE it will work usually

the PH suites are all the same size (322 sq ft) the aft balconies are a bit deeper than the side balconies

looking at the Jewel their suites are 341 -578 sq ft

so you would need a PH or VS to compare to NCL & of course a lot less things on Oceania than on NCL

Edited by LHT28

Can you double check your category. I'm pretty sure there is no V1. There is a VS, but they are at the front of the ship. Perhaps it's an A1 Concierge, that would have aft views. Personally if the price difference is no issue I'd go with the PH.

That's my problem.. I can't get back to the web site to view the cabins and their categories.

You are correct what I have booked is a A1 Concierge. Maybe you can tell me the difference in the PH1 PH 2 and PH 3 on deck 8 of Sirena. Sooner or later I hope to find myself looking at their web page.

Maybe I need a VPN (virtual private network) to view it from Canada. I really don't know what else to try .:')

That's my problem.. I can't get back to the web site to view the cabins and their categories.

You are correct what I have booked is a A1 Concierge. Maybe you can tell me the difference in the PH1 PH 2 and PH 3 on deck 8 of Sirena. Sooner or later I hope to find myself looking at their web page.

Maybe I need a VPN (virtual private network) to view it from Canada. I really don't know what else to try .:')

I'm pretty sure the difference between the categories is the location. The 1's are in the middle, 2 toward either end and 3 at the front and back. I don't think there is any difference on any of the rooms sizewize etc. That's on the smaller ships, on the larger ships some of the specific rooms have small differences.

Ok, good, I think I've got it. My computer problem appears to be Google Chrome, as suggestion Explorer did give me

some of the results I was looking for. Now, I can continue my quest for the perfect cabin to view the Amazon rainforest.

Thank you for your help, I can always count on the people on CC to be quick and very helpful .