Sony 6500 plus which lens for the perfect travel camera...

kathy49

Depends on what you want. For sheer weight considerations, the kit 18-55 and the 55-210 beercan work surprisingly well. That said I carry those 2 AND the sony 18-105 with that camera, the 18-105 is an excellent lens but heavier than the others. If I want to use it as a pocket camera I put the 18-55 on and the beercan in another pocket if I need more range.

The 16-70 Zeiss is a great travel lens, but pricey. I use the 18-105 f/4 Sony about 95% of the time when I travel, but it may be larger than you might like. ( Link to London trip shot 100% with the 18-105: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/london2017 ). Finally, I would suggest buying the A6500 with the 16-50 PZ kit lens. It gets a lot of undeserved criticism and is my go-to for travelling light.

My 2¢...

Dave

I'll go against the grain.

The e-mount zoom lenses tend to be under performers.... but the primes are high quality and are compact and light weight.

Stick 2-3 primes in a small bag, and you're good to go.

Maybe the 16/2.8, the 24/1.8 or 30/3.5 macro and 50/1.8.

Far superior quality to the 16-50 or the 16-70.

Each lens is very small...

Easy to swap lenses, or even better -- decide what type of photos you're taking for a couple hours, and choose one proper focal length.

Throw the 55-210 into the bag as well... not a high quality lens, but its small, light weight and convenient.

We're going to Europe next month. I am bringing the 18-105, my wide angle 10-18 and probably my 24-240. I originally got the two lens kit. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to trade in my A6000 for a 6300 or 6500. I bought it for $500 and can trade it in without the box (which I never had) for $380.

Vic

We're going to Europe next month. I am bringing the 18-105, my wide angle 10-18 and probably my 24-240. I originally got the two lens kit. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to trade in my A6000 for a 6300 or 6500. I bought it for $500 and can trade it in without the box (which I never had) for $380.

Vic

Don't bother with a 6300 if you have a 6000. The 6500 is a better upgrade. But to be honest your A6000 is still a very capable body.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app