Royal Princess deluxe balcony sq ft

jada675

It should be interesting, I called Princess again, to let them know if this error in cabin size for both B733 & B732 and they again say these cabins are bigger - want to bet! They even checked with the ship help desk. Don't you think someone would have mentioned a deluxe balcony being this much bigger than even a mini suite, we have this cabin in October cant wait to see.

I am booked in the same room on the regal, so please share if you receive confirmation on the size.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
It's actually smaller. Your cabin has a bite out of one corner, versus the other deluxe balcony cabins which are standard rectangles. No cause for blaming Princess when it's obvious with one glance at the deck plan what the relative sizes are.
That "bite" is actually the doorway to the cabin and that is the same for all cabins. They just show it when there is a switch from standard to deluxe balcony cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I stayed in B733 on the Royal and it is a standard DB with a standard balcony.
Carolyn, thanks for the confirmation from someone who has been in one of those cabins. As with many other examples, the website does not have accurate size information for numerous cabins :(

One example are the S4 suites on Riviera deck on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. When they were on the Caribe deck on earlier Grand class ships they are listed as a total of 536 sq ft with a balcony of 155 sq ft. On the Riviera deck on the three newer ships they are listed as a total of 533 sq ft with a balcony of 90 sq ft. We have been in one of those Riviera deck S4 suites and the cabins didn't get bigger with the smaller Riviera deck balconies. The total is much closer to 465 sq ft for the Riviera deck suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 1 year later...
Thank you, and I will report back. Maybe the cabin or balcony will be bigger. Regardless I'm happy either way and looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

I never found your report back. How was it? Looking at booking it now. Thx!

I never found your report back. How was it? Looking at booking it now. Thx!
poppycat never came back but in post #33 Carolyn R confirmed that B733 is just a standard deluxe balcony cabin. As I posted two years ago, there are many errors regarding cabin and balcony sizes on the Princess websites. Edited by IECalCruiser

poppycat never came back but in post #33 Carolyn R confirmed that B733 is just a standard deluxe balcony cabin. As I posted two years ago, there are many errors regarding cabin and balcony sizes on the Princess websites.

Thank u! So did you have this cabin, and if so, were you happy with it? thx!

Just out of curiosity, if the room is smaller than stated in the website, could you get some kind of credit from Princess ? You're talking a pretty big discrepancy. How about the percentage difference, from the cost. For example 30% less, 30% credit !

So, again, I'm pretty easy going, but, if I book a room that says 308 sq ft and it's only 233(or whatever), about 75 sq ft less, about 75% less than it's advertised, I guess, I'm going to be asking for some type of credit !! Does that seem unreasonable ?. I would want a credit of 25% of what I payed !!

Kind of hard to tell about that bite from the diagram on the Princess website. Looks like it would be useless space anyway.

31e0d384ad09c6968d82524f8e7d206d176d547893.png

This picture showing the furniture on the balcony should be considered as

misleading advertising to say the least! :eek:

• 3 months later...
Also I do,see what you mean by hovering over cabin it shows cabin with square footage, but when I hover over for instance cabin B301 it says 222 sq. feet, but when you click on it, it is 333 sq. ft. Handicapped cabin. Either way conflicting data.

I had the same discussion with a Princess rep about C733 on the Regal. Bottom line, the information is different on different areas of their site. She told me that she was going to pass the information along :rolleyes: