Grand Midship Minis not available?

49er

We are booked on the Grand for a cruise next April. We have a Cat MA midship mini, Dolphin deck. I always like to check the princess website to see how fast (or slow) they sell cabins but lately for the past few days an error comes up saying info on those cabins is not available when you reach the point to select a cabin. Fore and aft of midship minis show up just fine. I checked several Grand itineraries and the same message comes up every time. I have also looked at other booking sites and that Cat is not available. Weird.

49er

I received an e-mail yesterday from my TA with an attached notice from Princess. My midship mini had been changed from MA to M1. This is for my Jan 9, 2017 cruise to Hawaii. No change in my cabin fare. Sounds like a higher charge is coming for the midship cabins.:(

I received an e-mail yesterday from my TA with an attached notice from Princess. My midship mini had been changed from MA to M1. This is for my Jan 9, 2017 cruise to Hawaii. No change in my cabin fare. Sounds like a higher charge is coming for the midship cabins.:(

Thanks Virgina. No email here yet but I will keep my eye out for one. Always pays to book early I guess😄

49er

• 1 month later...
We are booked on the Grand for a cruise next April. We have a Cat MA midship mini, Dolphin deck. I always like to check the princess website to see how fast (or slow) they sell cabins but lately for the past few days an error comes up saying info on those cabins is not available when you reach the point to select a cabin. Fore and aft of midship minis show up just fine. I checked several Grand itineraries and the same message comes up every time. I have also looked at other booking sites and that Cat is not available. Weird.

49er

Change your category selection to "Suite". MA category (mid ship) minis are now "Club Class - M1" and fall under the Suite category.

...VTX-Al

Edited by VTX-AL

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

The Grand Princess MA Mini-Suites will be converted to M1 Club Class effective with the January 9, 2017 sailing. So stand by for that notification.

And I just tried to do a mock booking for 4/23/17 and it shows thirteen M1 cabins available. And I selected mini-suite as cabin category.

Edited by fishywood

49er

Since you are already booked and have a booking confirmation, no problems for you! :)

M1 is the new Club Class.

I expect that explains the OPs issue.

Club class is pure greed by princess.How are they going to have the dining room set up for dinner on the pacific princess.What part of the room will they block off for the new mini class with only twisting?

long c raiser

Club class is pure greed by princess.How are they going to have the dining room set up for dinner on the pacific princess.What part of the room will they block off for the new mini class with only twisting?

long c raiser

To be honest I'm not sure how it qualifies as greedy, I am not a fan of the idea, but greedy??

No idea what they'll do on Pacific Princess, but can't see why it'd be any different than roping off an area in any of the other MDRs, on the bigger ships they should just set aside one of the smaller rooms in my opinion, but that doesn't appear to be the plan.

Haven't been following my own post, but yes, we did receive the same e-mail regarding our cabin being upgraded to CC with no increase in fare. I too have checked the the current price of these cabins and the price has increased a full $1k PP from what we paid back on the 1st of April prior to the introduction of CC.

49er

Haven't been following my own post, but yes, we did receive the same e-mail regarding our cabin being upgraded to CC with no increase in fare. I too have checked the the current price of these cabins and the price has increased a full $1k PP from what we paid back on the 1st of April prior to the introduction of CC.

49er

This Club Class minisuites sound like CC Class on Celebrity......just another way to compete and cost more. I do like the CC on Celebrity but those are not minisuites.