Hello Emerald Princess

antsp

Just boarded the Emerald for a 7 night cruise, still docked in Southampton and the weather is glorious, 24 cruises on Princess and this is the first time sailing from Southampton.

Hi antsp

Have a great cruise, we board in a 21 days,

will wave as you sail past onwards to Norway,

how was Southampton it can be so hit and miss, sometimes very smooth, other things almost riots with folks standing around for hours,

when you can please post, movies, ships officers, condition, who is head chef

yours Shogun

Will try and do so, will have a look who's who on board . Novelty to use my mobile on board normally in some far flung port when cruising. Our daughter is 18 today and is a happy bunny ad she's just got her Elite card. Southampton was a bit grid locked, the taxi driver took us from a relatives house on a back route so no problems there. Think we had the fastest boarding ever, got to port at 12.55 and in our cabin at 1.15. Hardly anyone using the separate security and boarding areas.

Just boarded the Emerald for a 7 night cruise, still docked in Southampton and the weather is glorious, 24 cruises on Princess and this is the first time sailing from Southampton.

Enjoy, I've got 28 weeks till I board her.

Hi antsp

Looks like you are getting towed by a P&O ship :D but assume its to far away to see,

Have a good sea day,

Waters here are dead calm, so expect smooth sailing

yours Shogun

Just got off Emerald yesterday. Kelvin Joy said he was CD until mid July then Paul Chandler? taking over.

Captain - Martin Stenzil

Hotel Manager - Peter Hollinson (understand hands over to Adam Gorst in July ).

Maitre D - Mario Propato

Will try and add a few more names when fully unpacked and have access to cruise literature brought home.

antsp: If you run into a bartender from Goa named Stanny, tell him that Scott from the last cruise of the Ocean Princess says hi. If he doesn't remember, remind him I drink Maker's Mark and Talisker, depending on my mood.

Hello from Stavanger, very smooth cruise so far, weather not as good as yesterday. New beds are super comfortable not sure what's going on with the quilt covers. Food is usual standards as well as staff etc, no sign of Curtis stone mentioned in the main dining room. All good otherwise and no matter what you read on cruise critic the cruise line hasn't sailed into eternal armaggedon. Crown grill tomorrow night, never been before so it will be a nice change

Hardly anyone using the separate security and boarding areas.

We board in 19 days. Can you explain separate security and boarding areas? Is this for passengers that have a governmental security pre-check, or is it for Captain's Circle Elite?

Hello from Stavanger, very smooth cruise so far, weather not as good as yesterday. New beds are super comfortable not sure what's going on with the quilt covers. Food is usual standards as well as staff etc, no sign of Curtis stone mentioned in the main dining room. All good otherwise and no matter what you read on cruise critic the cruise line hasn't sailed into eternal armaggedon. Crown grill tomorrow night, never been before so it will be a nice change

Ooh if there's no sign of Curtis Stone in the main dining room does that mean the always available are back?

Just under 8 weeks till we board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got off the Emerald on Saturday, Curtis Stone eluded me in the main dining room too until the waiter pointed it out in the bottom right of the menu, usually belly pork.

I was surprised at Southampton when my travelling mate in the same cabin wasn't allowed to board at the same time as me, I'm Elite and he is Ruby. I said but it says we can board at the same time and have done so in the past, she said I could wait with him if I wanted (in a nice way). Its a new thing from Southampton apparently.

A word of warning if you take a penknife with you in your suitcase. I was called off the ship at 4pm while muster was starting and sent back to the terminal. My bag was there and they asked me to open it, they took out the penknife, measured it and put it back. I have taken that penknife on many cruises. They said next time put it in your carry on bag. Got back on the ship just as they removed the sky bridge, my bag appeared an hour later.

Ooh if there's no sign of Curtis Stone in the main dining room does that mean the always available are back?

Just under 8 weeks till we board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always available is there (so is Curtis Stone most days) but the steak is missing. Salmon, Chicken and a burger from memory were the offerings.

Hi

Southampton Port has it own rules about knifes which are tighter than Princess

have been stopped almost every time, sometimes knife taken off me and told to

pick it up after cruise, other times had to go to ships security to collect it,

was told to put it hand luggage, so did on last cruise they freaked out, I

explained l was told to do this, remember this little knife is not a real knife, has

done more than 20 cruises, has no sharp bits you could try a saw your finger

off and it would not mark your skin.

yours Shogun

Very wet day today, the Beef medallions have gone from the always available, no chocolate strawberries on the elite room service order form. Haven't seen any mention of Curtis in the main dining rooms. No sign of alcohol collection point on returning onboard. We had a minutes silence today on the ship for Memorial Day.

Edited by antsp