Coral Fwd Viewing Areas - too windy to enjoy in Alaska?

lmkucala

We are booked all the way forward on the Coral Northbound leaving 6/25 in a Caribe mini. I was looking forward to being steps from the viewing areas on the Coral but am now wondering if it would be better to be Aft and if the forward viewing decks will be a lot colder and windier?

Some of the Aft mini's are still open and I'm second guessing myself and considering calling Princess to switch to Aft.

Pros and Cons?

We are booked all the way forward on the Coral Northbound leaving 6/25 in a Caribe mini. I was looking forward to being steps from the viewing areas on the Coral but am now wondering if it would be better to be Aft and if the forward viewing decks will be a lot colder and windier?

Some of the Aft mini's are still open and I'm second guessing myself and considering calling Princess to switch to Aft.

Pros and Cons?

As Bruce posted there are many varibles but the front viewing area is uncovered & will have wind when moving forward. The aft viewing area was a few feet from our Baja deck inside cabin & was mostly covered & had lounge chairs. On the aft deck we could get under the covered portion & depending upon the conditions could minimize our exposure to the weather.

I would prefer the Coral's aft viewing deck & hopefully it will never be removed for an added new section of cabins like they did to the Island. :(

Thanks - I did decide to switch - called them this afternoon and got 1 of the 2 remaining aft mini-suites for our sailing date. I think we will like the location much better!

Hopefully you'll be happy with your decision and we're happy with any cabin to enjoy an Alaskan cruise. ;)

Hopefully you'll be happy with your decision and we're happy with any cabin to enjoy an Alaskan cruise. ;)

lol- I have to agree with you there! I'm sure at the end of the day it would not have ruined our trip either way! I'm an over-planner - I just need June 25th to hurry up and get here so we can enjoy our trip! You see - now that I have the whole trip planned out including our land itinerary I have run out of things to plan so I go back and second guess my original decisions :)

• 2 weeks later...

The forward viewing areas were one of our favorite spots on the ship. We did northbound Vancouver to Whittier during the first week of August last year. We had very mild weather in most ports, but I did wear multiple layers including wooly mittens, hat, and scarf, and a rain proof outer layer, when using the forward viewing area. We also enjoyed our bump-out balcony which was a bit more protected.

When you're in Glacier Bay, definitely head for those forward areas - totally worth the walk from aft. The ship is going so slow in the bay that wind will not be an issue and the forward view is simply stunning.

When you're in Glacier Bay, definitely head for those forward areas - totally worth the walk from aft. The ship is going so slow in the bay that wind will not be an issue and the forward view is simply stunning.

These are just a few pics I took with my phone from the forward viewing deck on Baja. I just got home a few hours ago and it will be weeks before I can edit the photos from my DSLR but this gives you an idea of what you'll see in Glacier Bay.

848dddd160fadd5f8ecb823c53ad85a1.jpg

72f4fcaf542881e0f91895ea707dfde4.jpg

be5ed7ca8e740b81ca051eedb824ba3b.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K