Lima Flights

ovccruiser

I am sailing with FO for the first time in April and will be flying to Lima from Gatwick. Anyone done this before and if so can you remember which airline. Is it usually BA with an am fight time?

Fred Olsen mostly use charter flights. If you are flying from Gatwick it wont be BA because they don't fly to Lima from there.

Hi ovccruiser, I have seen you many times in Cunard forum.

We are also travelling on Fred Olsen for the first time, perhaps in the cruise before you (we are on Black Watch), disembarking in Lima and flying back to Gatwick, so your question was helpful to us, too.

I wish you a great time and hope we shall all enjoy Fred Olsen.

Hi

We flew back from Lima last year with Fred. It was a Thomas Cook Airbus night flight to Gatwick. Had to vacate the cabin by 9am, storage was available for hand luggage; we had breakfast, lunch and dinner on the ship, saw the early show and then were taken to the airport at 9.45pm.

We had a refuelling stop in Dominican Republic, where we stayed on the plane.

There was a small market set up right by the ship which we looked around in the morning and we took an afternoon ship's tour. We were worried about how the day would go beforehand but it turned out to be quite a pleasant close to the holiday. (Apart from the long flight home of course!)

Hi ovccruiser, I have seen you many times in Cunard forum.

We are also travelling on Fred Olsen for the first time, perhaps in the cruise before you (we are on Black Watch), disembarking in Lima and flying back to Gatwick, so your question was helpful to us, too.

I wish you a great time and hope we shall all enjoy Fred Olsen.

Yes, you got me:D I do sail more on Cunard, but this cruise takes a couple of items off my bucket list. What I am now trying to find out, is what time the flight may leave Gatwick. There are 4 of us going and we are looking at a hire car, but depending on the flight times would also answere whether we need an overnight hotel in Gatwick.

Interested in replies, as four of us are on the same flight to Lima on the 2nd April to join the Black Watch and want to organise transport to Gatwick. I am on Roll Call - Fred Olsen Lines - re private trip around Cartagena, if you are interested.:)

• 2 months later...

Archived