Major changes to Costa's AI Packages on the way

G.M.T.

There is a big shakeup on it's way for Costa's All Inclusive Drinks Packagse. The following will come into effect for all sailings as from 1st. December 2016. All prices are pro person pro day.

Pranzo & Cena

Similar to the current A La Carte package. Covers water, soft drinks, draught bier and wine all by the glass during lunch & dinner in the buffet and MDR.

This can only booked for children if the parents have also booked it.

€16.49 adult €7.49 child (4 to 17 y.o.)

Brindiamo

Drinks by the glass, soft drinks, draught bier, water, wine, selection of alcohol and non-alcohol drinks in the MDR, buffet and all bars. DOESN'T cover cocktails.

€24.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Piu Gusto

Drinks by the glass, soft drinks, draught bier, water, wine, selection of alcohol and non-alcohol drinks, also choose from 34 cocktails (alcohol & non-alcohol), mix drinks and frozen drinks in the MDR, buffet and all bars. (Very similar to the current EXTRA Drinks Package).

€27.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Intenditore

Drinks by the glass from the bar menu upto a price of €9.00 in MDR, buffet, in all bars, from minibar and cabin, also covers first class brands, premium spirits and champagner.

€45.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Giovani

For children between the ages of 4 and 17, covers water, soft drinks (not non alcohol cocktails), ion MDR, buffet and all bars. This can only be ordered if the parents (all) have booked one of the above mentioned adults packages, Brindiamo, Piu Gusto or Intenditore.

€15.99 child.

Notes:

Service charge of 15% is included in the price.

For children 3 y.o. or junger get free drinks if their parents have bought one of the drinks packages.

Only bookable for a cruise of 6 days or longer.

Drinks packages for the neo ships to be announced shortly.

Has to be booked 14 days before the start of the cruise.

Has to be booked by all passengers on the booking reference (don't think parents, couples can book different packages)

Price can vary depending on ship and season.

For cruises from Port Everglades guest have to be 21 y.o. to purchase the alcoholic drinks packages.

For cruising areas Caribbean (EU), Emirates and Northern Europe there is a surcharge of €1.00 per person per day (don't know if this applies to the kids).

For cruising areas Caribbean (USA) and Brazil the price will be charged in US $.

There is a big shakeup on it's way for Costa's All Inclusive Drinks Packagse. The following will come into effect for all sailings as from 1st. December 2016. All prices are pro person pro day.

Pranzo & Cena

Similar to the current A La Carte package. Covers water, soft drinks, draught bier and wine all by the glass during lunch & dinner in the buffet and MDR.

This can only booked for children if the parents have also booked it.

€16.49 adult €7.49 child (4 to 17 y.o.)

Brindiamo

Drinks by the glass, soft drinks, draught bier, water, wine, selection of alcohol and non-alcohol drinks in the MDR, buffet and all bars. DOESN'T cover cocktails.

€24.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Piu Gusto

Drinks by the glass, soft drinks, draught bier, water, wine, selection of alcohol and non-alcohol drinks, also choose from 34 cocktails (alcohol & non-alcohol), mix drinks and frozen drinks in the MDR, buffet and all bars. (Very similar to the current EXTRA Drinks Package).

€27.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Intenditore

Drinks by the glass from the bar menu upto a price of €9.00 in MDR, buffet, in all bars, from minibar and cabin, also covers first class brands, premium spirits and champagner.

€45.99 adult (from 18 y.o.)

Giovani

For children between the ages of 4 and 17, covers water, soft drinks (not non alcohol cocktails), ion MDR, buffet and all bars. This can only be ordered if the parents (all) have booked one of the above mentioned adults packages, Brindiamo, Piu Gusto or Intenditore.

€15.99 child.

Notes:

Service charge of 15% is included in the price.

For children 3 y.o. or junger get free drinks if their parents have bought one of the drinks packages.

Only bookable for a cruise of 6 days or longer.

Drinks packages for the neo ships to be announced shortly.

Has to be booked 14 days before the start of the cruise.

Has to be booked by all passengers on the booking reference (don't think parents, couples can book different packages)

Price can vary depending on ship and season.

For cruises from Port Everglades guest have to be 21 y.o. to purchase the alcoholic drinks packages.

For cruising areas Caribbean (EU), Emirates and Northern Europe there is a surcharge of €1.00 per person per day (don't know if this applies to the kids).

For cruising areas Caribbean (USA) and Brazil the price will be charged in US $.

Pranzo & Cena

This can only booked for children if the parents have also booked it. Oh no.............................resurrection of the dreaded X1 :eek: You need to sweet talk waiters on this one - cross their palms with silver :p:( I remember the "glass of beer" being 200 mls - 1 brand - can't remember it - wine approx. 120 mils - swamp water - you need to mix it with the soft drink - coke or the like. The red well, rough as...................see it's all those years ago - and I am still psychologically disturbed by it ;):p Hope they do the happy hour 2 for 1 by way of compensation :rolleyes:

Edited by dizzy1948

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting changes and will they guarantee to have the drink they advertise on-board?

Twice in the past 10 months I have paid for the AI drink package only to find on the first occasion that there was no ordinary Bacardi on-board and soon afterwards they ran out of Bacardi Gold.

Again this year after 2 days there was allegedly no Bacardi on-board and after creating at the Atrium bar we suddenly saw the head barman produce a bottle. That was the only bar where there was Bacardi available or so we were told.

Cannot be coincidence that on 2 cruises they run out of normal Bacardi and then Bacardi Gold and then on 2nd cruise as well as no Bacardi there is no Bacardi Gold on-board.

What I do find loathsome and deceitful, and this must be instilled by senior management, is the fact that you ask for a Bacardi and coke, you are then served with a drink which the waiter/waitress states is Bacardi and coke only to taste it and discover it is dark rum. Why lie to customers? If you do not have what I ask for then tell me so do not try and deceive me nor lie to me.

I complained last year about this practice and the Assist Bar manager just looked at me. I then explained if he had asked and paid for a fillet steak and I put a piece of bacon in front of him sand stated it was fillet steak would he be happy. He suddenly understood at that time but it appears the practice still goes on.

If they are going to up their prices then they had better stock their ships properly and serve what is asked for.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm wondering if anyone know whether or not the AI package now includes cocktails. It just says, "drinks", and they specifically mention beer and wine.

It is important to know when you are sailing as there are major changes as from the end of this year.

The current AI Package called EXTRA at €25 is basically the same as Piu Gusto as described in the first message of this thread.

I'm wondering if anyone know whether or not the AI package now includes cocktails. It just says, "drinks", and they specifically mention beer and wine.

Yes, most cocktails not using premium liquor are included.