Costa Club Points for AI Purchased Before Cruise

G.M.T.

There was a message a few days ago where some one had cancelled their AI which they had purchased pre-cruise in order to buy it onboard. This was because they learnt you only get Costa Club points for onboard purchases but not for pre-cruise purchase.

This is incorrect. I have just check my onboard final statement (cruise Jan 2015) and MyCosta profile, the AI that I had purchased pre-cruise was included in the MyCosta Profile Onboard points total.

Also check DW Costa Club points, preccruise AI also included, the final invoice and credit card were in my name :( (just shows Costa is an equal opportunity company.:D)

Just found the original post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2194627&page=2

Message #21

Edited by G.M.T.

There was a message a few days ago where some one had cancelled their AI which they had purchased pre-cruise in order to buy it onboard. This was because they learnt you only get Costa Club points for onboard purchases but not for pre-cruise purchase.

This is incorrect. I have just check my onboard final statement (cruise Jan 2015) and MyCosta profile, the AI that I had purchased pre-cruise was included in the MyCosta Profile Onboard points total.

Also check DW Costa Club points, preccruise AI also included, the final invoice and credit card were in my name :( (just shows Costa is an equal opportunity company.:D)

Just found the original post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2194627&page=2

Message #21

Interesting. I telephoned Costa and was informed exactly what I originally posted and was advised to get a refund and buy onboard. I shall now buy the AI so I do not have to bother onboard. Thanks.

Suggest you give Costa another call before booking again, just thought it may be different rules for other countries. I booked via Costa Germany.

Which ever way youget it, it's worth it. Have one on me.;)

Suggest you give Costa another call before booking again, just thought it may be different rules for other countries. I booked via Costa Germany.

Which ever way youget it, it's worth it. Have one on me.;)

I have booked it online, no big deal if I don't get the points, but think I will

I'll raise my glass to you !!

I have booked it online, no big deal if I don't get the points, but think I will

I'll raise my glass to you !!

Phew! Raising the glass is going to be much cheaper that one on me.

Have a great cruise.