Disembarking in Edinburgh early AM

GACRUISER456

We are on the British Open cruise docking in Edinburgh on Wednesday afternoon and will remain on the ship until Saturday morning. We have an early flight out on Saturday (8:30am). We plan to walk off very early that morning and catch a cab to the airport. I can't remember - is there any kind of passport check we will need to go through when we get off where there might be an issue of agents not being there that early in the morning? Or do we just walk off with our bags and head to the airport?

Also, I'm assuming I should pre-arrange a taxi pickup for around 5:30am since there probably won't be many taxis waiting at that hour. For those on this board that are local, is there any company you would recommend?

Thanks!

The ship will advise you the specific arrangements for disembarkation but I think it is highly unlikely there will be any detailed checks, if any at all if Quest came in from any European port.

As regards your taxi, where are you flying to? At that time in the morning, if you are doing a domestic flight 6.30 will be early enough.

For car firms, the number in my phone is always

0131 228 1211 City Cabs (and their radio jingle of those last seven numbers is now stuck in my head for the night thanks!!!)

Any other EDI questions, do ask

The cruise leaves from Southampton and cruises to Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. I don't remember ever having a check to get off the ship in Europe like we have here in the US when you have to go through customs and immigration, but couldn't be sure.

Our flight goes to Amsterdam to make our connection back to the US on Delta / KLM. The port address is the following, correct? I remember docking next to the Royal Yacht Britannia before.

Leith Port Office, Imperial House, Albert Dock, Leith Docks, Edinburgh EH6 7DN

Thanks for your help with the directions on getting to the British Open this year in a previous thread. I am awaiting the open website to release the transport package through ScotRail. Do the crowds usually amass at the train station really early to head out to St. Andrews? We have tickets for Friday and would like to head out by 8 or so. I believe the port usually has a bus that goes into Edinburgh, so we plan to do that or use that cab company to the train station.

The cruise leaves from Southampton and cruises to Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. I don't remember ever having a check to get off the ship in Europe like we have here in the US when you have to go through customs and immigration, but couldn't be sure.

Our flight goes to Amsterdam to make our connection back to the US on Delta / KLM. The port address is the following, correct? I remember docking next to the Royal Yacht Britannia before.

Leith Port Office, Imperial House, Albert Dock, Leith Docks, Edinburgh EH6 7DN

Thanks for your help with the directions on getting to the British Open this year in a previous thread. I am awaiting the open website to release the transport package through ScotRail. Do the crowds usually amass at the train station really early to head out to St. Andrews? We have tickets for Friday and would like to head out by 8 or so. I believe the port usually has a bus that goes into Edinburgh, so we plan to do that or use that cab company to the train station.

Based on what you say, you are not going to meet immigration and if you did it would be on the first day.

Last time with the Open, the peak time was around 8 which is always busy anyway. There are buses that go to the station, the ships shuttle goes near, but if you want the quickest trip up to Waverley (the station) I would grab a cab