S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #:2126

DECK #:12

CLASS: Sky Suite 2 (SS2)

AREA: Total 379ft/35m2; Avg cabin 300ft/28m2 Avg Balcony 79ft/7.3m2. Approx 1.5x balcony cabin

BED NEAR:Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes. Occasional trolley noise from above Oceanview Buffet, but did not disturb us noting we are early risers/early to bed and light sleepers.

BALCONY VIEW: Located mid-aft stb side, great view aft/fwd to respective hump areas. Big overhang from Oceanview Buffet provides significant weather protection (both a plus and minus depending on your preference)

BALCONY SIZE: Great (1.5x std balcony); Table (4 pers); 2 x chairs/half loungers; 2 x footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: (Sailed Nov 27, 2016). Would sail in this cabin again in a heartbeat. Large bathroom; single basin; great pressure rain shower and full bath (combo). Lovely!

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1568

DECK #: 11

CLASS: AQ1

AREA: between forward and mid-ship elevators Starboard

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Mostly. Occasional noise from towel carts rolling in the Solarium above in the early morning. We had cabin 1558 last time and did not hear the carts. Must be because this cabin is further toward mid-ship where the towels are replenished.

BALCONY VIEW: totally unobstructed to forward and aft but support poles for upper deck staggered along all cabins in the area.

BALCONY SIZE: standard . 2 chairs and ottomans with table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: as mentioned above. There is no crew door or storage closet nearby. I did a graph of the entire starboard side on Deck 11 of the location of all crew doors/closets and bed locations for anyone interested.

Equinox

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9248

Class – Inside

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –N/A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not a connecting cabin. Next to the "Pantry" crew working area so there was some noise. Also some noise on last night as luggage was being moved and organized by crew. Could sometimes hear nearby cabin television. All in all, pretty good, though. Would not be disappointed if had this cabin again. Mid ship minimized movement.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Probably a little more noise than adjacent cabin due to crew area.

Any other comments? Mid ship position minimized movement. No sofa (had 2 chairs). Wide "foyer". Would not be disappointed if had this cabin again.

CABIN: 7344

DECK: 7

CLASS: Veranda

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Closet

QUIET: 4 times heard scrapping metal on metal sound around 5 am for 10-15 minutes. Never determined origin of sound. Also had relatively loud flushing sounds in bathroom area from above.

BALCONY VIEW: Straight down is blue roof from Silk Harvest but outward no issues

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Due to noise issues would not risk this cabin again

Eclipse cabin 7276 starboard side

On the hump behind the elevators

Close to the Team Earth area and concierge desk

Quiet...did not hear any noise from the grand foyer....much better than deck 6

Bed near the bathroom

No soot

Unobstructed view with large veranda

I would gladly book the same cabin again.

CABIN #: 9248

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Inside

AREA: Great location mid-ship, close to central atrium

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: Noisy in the middle of the night

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:We had 9248 on Eclipse last year and it was a quiet cabin so decided to book it on Equinox. Mistake. The cabin is located next to a large galley kitchen used for room service meals. It's noisy with talking, music, dishing rattling around, but in the cabin you heard absolutely nothing of this (on either ship). However, on Equinox they apparently do the cleaning/re-stocking in the middle of the night. So anywhere from 2:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. there was A LOT of noise. It would be there for 5-10 minutes, then you'd drift off to sleep and it would start up again and be like this for an hour or more. Lots of metal hitting metal types of noise, shelves scraping, banging. Even using ear plugs was of no help. Our sleep suffered seriously on this trip. So, unless you're a good, heavy sleeper, I wouldn't recommend this cabin. Spoke to others in 9252 and 9256 and both said there was no noise in their cabins.

SHIP: REFLECTION

CABIN #:9191

DECK # :9

CLASS: Regular Balcony

AREA: Mid Ship/Portside

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes, very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Clear, both aft and forward

BALCONY SIZE: Normal size....2 chairs and a table

WIND A PROBLEM?:NOPE

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NOPE

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Mid ship, down the hall from the game room. I would recommend this cabin and

would book it again if available.

Ship: Reflection

Sail Date: February 4, 2017

Cabin: 2210

Deck: 12

Class: S2

Area: Aft

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet: Mostly. No hallway noise at all due to the cabin sharing a foyer with the cabin next door. Some early morning noise from the outdoor seating area of the buffet above, but not enough to deter us from booking the same cabin in the future.

Balcony View: Stunning aft view

Balcony Size: 79 sq ft per the X website. Good size - room for 2 chairs with footrests and a table.

Wind: No

Soot: No

Problems: None

Ship: Reflection

Sail Date: February 4, 2017

Cabin: 2210

Deck: 12

Class: S2

Area: Aft

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet: Mostly. No hallway noise at all due to the cabin sharing a foyer with the cabin next door. Some early morning noise from the outdoor seating area of the buffet above, but not enough to deter us from booking the same cabin in the future.

Balcony View: Stunning aft view

Balcony Size: 79 sq ft per the X website. Good size - room for 2 chairs with footrests and a table.

Wind: No

Soot: No

Problems: None

For some reason the edit button isn't appearing for me on my original post, so I'm quoting myself because I remembered a problem I had in the room. When the ship was in motion, my hair straightener could not draw enough power from the socket in the main cabin to properly heat up in its usual amount of time. The only way it would heat up sufficiently to straighten my hair (which is naturally curly) was to let it heat up for a good 20-30 minutes, and all the lights on that side of the cabin, including those in the closet, had to be off. When we were docked I had no problem - straightener would heat up within a few minutes and I'd be all ready to go relatively quickly. This may sound like a silly issue but I thought I would mention it for those ladies intending to use a hair straightener. Strangely enough, my hair dryer brought from home worked in the same socket with no problems regardless of whether we were docked or not and regardless of what level of heat & power I set it to. I have had this happen on one other (much older) Celebrity ship on another cruise so I was shocked to encounter the same problem on X's newest ship. No idea what the issue was - I even asked our butler to have a maintenance person check the socket and they confirmed that it was getting as much power as it was supposed to have.

CABIN #: 1554

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Near front lifts

QUIET?: Yes - did not hear noise from Solarium above. There is a air vent above which creates a buffer. You do hear the continual noise when out on the balcony.

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed by window wash equipment and a large overhang from the above deck.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized. One and a half times a normal balcony approx

WIND A PROBLEM?: No very protected as you are aft of the hump near the lifts

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We had the window washing equip in front of us, and we knew before we went. You should not have to do a heap of research. It should be put on their own website more clearly. We did like the larger balcony, and we still got fresh air and plenty of good photo shots. The huge overhang that is created by the deck above keeps the sun out of many Aqua cabins, and it is worth knowing, as we never got sun on our balcony on a 14 night cruise. Also, there is a big air intake vent above the balcony on several cabins in this area. It never stops, so you don't hear the sea like on lower decks. We found it a long walk to get to the food areas which are mostly towards the aft/rear of the ship. The cabin is close to the forward elevators, so easy to get to solarium, sky lounge and the theatre. We had a fantastic cruise and loved our trip, not complaining, just that there are the facts if someone wants to know.

Solstice%20Dec%202016%20109.jpg

Solstice%20Dec%202016%20111.jpg

Solstice%20Dec%202016%203.jpg

Solstice%20Dec%202016%2021.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 8267

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1B Standard Balcony

AREA: mid ship on flat of the hump

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: excellent

BALCONY SIZE: slightly deeper than other standard balconies we have had

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: There is a connecting door on this cabin.Unlike other S class ships, the connecting door is on the interior cabin wall. Occasional sounds from neighbour. No noise from elevators, not much foot traffic.

CABIN #: 6164

DECK #: 6 - Continental

CLASS: Veranda - 2C

AREA: Mid-Ship (Between Forward & Aft Lifts)

BED NEAR: Window

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Top of life boat but you can see straight out.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Liked this cabin being in between humps it was easy to go to either set of elevators. It was more forward, so the smaller lifeboats were in front of the balcony, so we had a better view.

Ship Reflection

Cabin 6163

Deck 6

Class 2C obstructed balcony

Area just aft of the forward elevators

Bed near the bath

Quiet...YES far enough from elevators and over the photo gallery, cabins above

Balcony view..very tops of lifeboats but mostly ocean..obstructed view

when looking straight down onto walking deck below.

Balcony size ..standard table 2 chairs no foot rests

No wind or soot problem

Comments: We really liked the location, just a few cabins down the hall from the forward elevators. We liked the fact that we only had to walk down one flight of stairs to get to deck 5. Deck 5 and 4 are public floors that go the length of the ship making for a more interesting trip to the dining room. You can spend very little time walking down boring halls in the cabin area. It was well located to go up to the sky lounge. The blank area across the hall had door but it was not used by the crew, it seemed to be a mechanical closet...no noise except neighbors slamming doors. There was some light at night from the promenade below and one night a guy with a cigar walked through otherwise no smoke issues.

CABIN #: 2195

DECK #: 12

CLASS: S2 Sky Suite

AREA: Total 379ft/35m2; Avg cabin 300ft/28m2 Avg Balcony 79ft/7.3m2. Approx 1.5x balcony cabin

QUIET?: Extremely. Had read complaints pre-cruise of noise from buffet above and never heard anything.

BALCONY VIEW: Overhang with some supports but wonderful view. Overhang gave us lots of privacy.

BALCONY SIZE: Great (1.5x std balcony); Table (4 pers); 2 x chairs/half loungers; 2 x footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: Never

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Never

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: When they built the Reflection they added one more stateroom deck than on the Silhouette. Same public areas but 3046 vs. 2886 passengers. Issue is that on Sea Days if you want a lounger in the sun you have to get there early in the morning. Guests also reserve and then don't show for hours while others can't find a chair. On the Silhouette 4 years ago this was not as much of a problem with less guests. Loved eating in Luminae and drinks in Michael's Club. REALLY made it nice.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 2145

CLASS: Concierge C 2

AREA: near aft, close to the end of corridor

BED NEAR: balcony

QUIET?: NO! In the night loud noises from above, galley from ocean view, starting at 2:30 am

BALCONY VIEW: ok

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: horrible loud in the late night/early morning. Changed cabin after 3 nights. No sleep possible

Sent from my SM-T535 using Forums mobile app

CABIN #: 2140

CLASS: C2

AREA: Starboard near aft

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: very noisy from Oceanview directly above

BALCONY VIEW: large overhang prevented good photos; there is also a post to the far right interrupting views. Good balcony if you want a guarantee of shade all day.

BALCONY SIZE: average

SOOT A PROBLEM?: DO NOT book this cabin if you are even remotely sensitive to noise. There was an enormous amount of noise from the Oceanview buffet directly above. The noise was all day and night. At times, it sounded like they were dropping bowling balls on the floor above. We could also hear carts being wheeled across the floor above constantly, and what sounded like hammering. I am hard of hearing and even I couldn't sleep through it. Sound may also have come occasionally from the staff access doors directly across the hallway. We definitely heard noise there the last night as they were likely moving luggage.

CABIN #: 1607

CLASS: Royal Suite

AREA: Port Mid-ship

BED NEAR: Separate bedroom

QUIET?: Very Quiet. Never heard anything, except for the loud toddlers on the adjacent balcony (another RS). After they started playing kazoos and other "horns" we did ask for them to calm down a bit which they did somewhat. It's the parent we were irritated with. Children will be children but the parents were not very respectful of the adjoining cabins at all.

BALCONY VIEW: Completely unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Not terribly deep, but the width of the suite which is quite wide. There was a nice lounger, two dining chairs, dining table, one footstool and a wood paneled jacuzzi.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems whatsoever (except the noise from the next door suite balcony) and couldn't imagine a better Royal Suite. Our butler (Dominic) was absolutely topnotch (though we had very few request). Much more storage than we required on a 7 night cruise!

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 2110

CLASS:C2

AREA: Starboard Mid

QUIET?:Yes. Never heard anything from adjacent cabins or Steward's closet. We could occasionally hear footsteps from above but nothing at all bothersome.

BALCONY VIEW: Completely unobstructed outwards, however, struts obstructed view to the rear and we could not see the front of the ship whatsoever.

BALCONY SIZE: Great! More than double a regular balcony.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very handy location. A quick jaunt up the stairs to the Oceanview Cafe or the Hot Glass Show and a direct route down to the MDR. Pool is right there as well but no noise or disturbance from it at all.

CABIN #: 7283

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Portside aft

QUIET?: Mostly. We must have been near the machine shop or connected via the ducting. Occasional noise during the day (9-6) with grinding, hammering, etc. It was loud enough to be annoying. Very quiet in the mornings and evenings.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard. 2 chairs with table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Occasional noise as mentioned above.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1560

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: Sliding door to balcony

QUIET?: Mostly. We heard occasional noise from above as we were below the solarium pool, but it never bothered us nor did it disrupt our sleep.

BALCONY VIEW: Ok. We were under an unsightly overhang from the solarium which made the balcony rather dark. This would be great if you had a rainy cruise as you'd be completely protected, but we wished for a little more sunlight coming through.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We found we enjoyed the forward location as it was near the forward elevators, which were never crowded. We could also walk upstairs to the aqua spa cafe and enter the pool areas that way. It was windy the first couple of sailing days and we could feel the ship's movement. Nothing extreme at all and we actually liked the experience - felt like we were on a ship! However, if I had a choice (which we often don't because we book last minute), I would not choose this cabin because of the overhang. It also leaked from above - very sporadic and didn't keep me from sitting outside, but it was another strike against that particular balcony location.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #:2106

CLASS: Concierge Class Veranda C2

BED NEAR:Veranda

QUIET?: Mostly. Seemed to be noise from above early (6:30-7AM) we think from a crew area above our veranda; there's a crew only door directly above on deck 14 and we could hear the door slam, but it was confined to early morning when we were generally up anyway. Quiet the rest of the day. Except for the serial door slammers next door in 2108.

BALCONY VIEW: Located on the hump starboard side, first cabin aft of the flat part of the hump. Good view forward and aft when standing at the rail. The big overhang from Oceanview Buffet starts after this cabin, so there is decent coverage but without feeling like you're in a box.

BALCONY SIZE: HUGE! Table, 2 chairs/half loungers, 2 footstools and still loads of room.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: One night the wind wrapped the smoke from the stacks downward and we had some soot the next morning, but only that once.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Did not hear any noise from the men's room directly above the cabin on deck 14 as others have mentioned. There's a housekeeping closet outside adjoining cabin 2108 but the staff was extremely quiet and we never heard anything from outside. This cabin allows fast and easy access to the Lido pool area and elevators, which was a huge plus for my 80+ year old mother with limited mobility. She didn't need to walk far to get to most venues; just the shops and theatre were a hike. This cabin isn't as quiet as hump cabins lower down, but the easy access to Lido pool and aft elevators was a good trade. And it came with one of the best verandas on the ship. There's a bit more motion up that high than you'd feel on lower decks, but still a pretty stable ride, and it was really windy and rough the first couple of days. Very little rattling or creaking in rough seas.