What is the most cruises you've taken....

klfhngr

Work full time (teacher), so schedule is inflexible. We often have to travel peak times (Christmas, March break) but vacations are a priority for us. Feel fortunate to do 1-3 cruises each year. Getting harder to bring kids as both in University and challenging for them to get time off school/work. Worked on Carnival for 4 years '88-'92, met my husband (passenger) onboard and have been cruising ever since.

We loved the mariner! Couldve done that every year.

My first cruise i was 17 and got hooked when a group of friends invited me. I was invited to a second cruise and i invited a few friends. One of them became my wife, and 30 years later we're still hooked!

We will be celebrating our 30th next year. Now, where to go?:D:D Doing a Great Barrier Reef cruise, might stop at Rarotonga on the way home for a few days and call that our anniversary present. We are sailing on the Infinity, Oct 1st from San Pedro. Looking forward to that one.

When Century was a Carribean regular we would do 5 B2B in Jan/Feb time frame each year and then a 14 day trip in the fall to Alaska or they Panama Canal and then sometimes the reunion cruise which is great fun. I just loved one special ship and crew members there. I think Silloutte has filled up the space left in my heart when Century left the fleet. We have since moved to Fort Lauderdale so we can hop onboard whenever the price is right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When Century was a Carribean regular we would do 5 B2B in Jan/Feb time frame each year and then a 14 day trip in the fall to Alaska or they Panama Canal and then sometimes the reunion cruise which is great fun. I just loved one special ship and crew members there. I think Silloutte has filled up the space left in my heart when Century left the fleet. We have since moved to Fort Lauderdale so we can hop onboard whenever the price is right.

Which is what I stated in an earlier post: it must be great to live so close to FL port and so easy to pick up a last minute deal ;).

Blown away by some of these numbers! How can that be???!!

Well, when the most traveled award is handed out to someone with thousands of days and hundreds of cruises, it's a bit easier to understand. Years ago on a Royal Viking ship I saw a plaque in the lobby dedicated to a woman who had taken more than 130 cruises on that line alone. I was told the cabin I had was the one she would always book when she cruised. Apparently, she would spend most of her time sitting by the purser's desk, possibly a lonely soul looking for human contact.

If people are retired, they can cruise an awful lot, provided they have the $$...If they live in South Florida, where there are lots of cruises, including short cruises, available, they can cruise an incredible number of times...

The rest of us have limiting factors...

For us, the first limiting factor is my wife's job...(For a long time, my job as well--but I recently retired--and my job allowed me about 5-6 weeks of vacation a year). My wife works for a school district, so she gets a week at Thanksgiving, three weeks at "Winter Break", a week at "Spring Break" and about a six week window in Summer. Then, of course, it's often hard to fit cruises into three of those windows due to family holiday obligations. And to further complicate things, I cross out any possible time slots that conflict with my season Football and Basketball tickets to see my Bruins.

So, we'll book a long trip, centered around, perhaps a Europe cruise, in Summer...pick up another during Winter break, so long as it fits around possible football bowl games, try to squeeze a short one in Thanksgiving week, so long as it returns before Thanksgiving day and doesn't interfere with a Football home game...Which all usually leaves us with about a maximum four cruises a year of varying lengths...Since we live in Southern California, occasionally, we can fit a three-nighter in during a long three-day weekend, but, with most of those nowadays only being Carnival, that is pretty much out since my wife won't cruise Carnival any more...

So, 2015, for example, we did a 3 nighter in January on Princess to Ensenada, then squeezed in two over the summer--an "X" Alaska cruise in June and a Galapagos cruise in July, then a 5-night Cabo cruise on Princess just before Thanksgiving. This year, we have a back-to-back in the Med in June/July, then turn around and squeeze in a HAL Canada/NE cruise in late July, so that's technically three and then I'll be looking for one to add during Winter Break in December, depending on the Football/Basketball schedule...So, again, likely four...

When my wife retires a few years from now, all bets will be off...

We will be celebrating our 30th next year. Now, where to go?:D:D Doing a Great Barrier Reef cruise, might stop at Rarotonga on the way home for a few days and call that our anniversary present. We are sailing on the Infinity, Oct 1st from San Pedro. Looking forward to that one.

This year is our 30th, so we're doing an early ann cruise in May then another in Oct. (ann. is actually in July)..... We couldn't decide either, so we booked 2 ;)

We cruise on Celebrity about 4 months a year but we know others who spend 6 months or more.

In 2018 we will reach the 200 celebrity cruise milestone, most of which were 7 days or more. In total we have spent more than 4 years at sea. As the Spanish proverb goes: How wonderful it is to do nothing all day and then rest afterwards.

We cruise on Celebrity about 4 months a year but we know others who spend 6 months or more.

In 2018 we will reach the 200 celebrity cruise milestone, most of which were 7 days or more. In total we have spent more than 4 years at sea. As the Spanish proverb goes: How wonderful it is to do nothing all day and then rest afterwards.

4 months in the water?! I'm in the wrong business! ;) Happy for you all! Enjoy it while you can still enjoy it!

In 2013 we were on seven cruises, but only five were Celebrity. My wife and I have been married 22 years and have spent 5% of our time together onboard ships (over 500 days). We live in a high desert, but the ocean always "calls" to us!:cool:

Five more coming up this year.

Kel:D

Love this quote!

How fantastic, how did you become for the guest speakers/experts?

Seems some posters show sour grapes but I can personally attest that Zenith cruisers that I know are happy to share ways to get the biggest bang for your buck and any other advise you might need. Got a wonderful TA recommendation; also best cabin acquisition when traveling with aide; as well as decisions on Blu vs speciality dining. So friendly and happy to share their wisdom after 200 cruises. God bless them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I worked, I took fewer cruises. I didn't have the time or money. Now that I am retired and luckily have money, I sail frequently. Average 5-6 per year. Last summer was the busiest. I did an Baltic ocean cruise in July and a river cruise in August. There was only 3 weeks between the end of the first cruise and the start of the 2nd. I flew home in between the 2 cruises. That was too close together.