Silhouette alcoves

chaps612

I'm booked for the Silhouette in march and reserved a sea day alcove. Can I get seasoned cruiser's experiences? Please spare personal opinions on whether or not you think they are worthwhile. I am only interested in overall experiences such as food, drink and possibly getting massages. I've been on Reflection two years ago and love the celebrity product. Just trying to pamper my DW!

Just off the silhouette and had an alcove for 2 sea days...they bring you over free fruit plate and then later a cheese plate...will get drinks for you...but not free, though we had the package...will also bring you lunch from the lawn grill...specialty burgers, but it is not included...nothing special, except waiter service...and a quiet place to hang out. We went up the day before and picked out an alcove..the lawn club guys handle the alcoves.

As the previous poster said, you get a large plate of fruit, and a large plate of cheese - usually around noon or 1-ish, but I'm sure you could ask for it earlier or later, if you wanted.

I think the burgers from the LCG are very good, but not included. I think it's $10-15, I can't remember exactly off the top of my head.

You also get 2 large bottles of Evian delivered when you arrive for the day. I've always had the premium package, so that would've been included either way, but it's a nice touch if you don't have a beverage package!

For me the nice thing about having an alcove is just having somewhere to have as a "base" for the day. I also really appreciate the phone and that there is a waiter there when you need them, it makes me feel so much more relaxed. I also like that I can sit in the alcove, sit on the lawn, or go to a chaise lounge, yet still know that I can come back and have a "reserved" seat. (And somewhere to leave my book, suntan lotion, etc)

Celebrity advertises the fact that you can get a massage in the alcoves, I've never seen this occur and have a feeling that the spa would look at you like you had 10 heads when you tried to book it. Not to say that you couldn't try.

They also advertise the ability to have a picnic on the lawn / in your alcove, but either my waiters have never wanted to do it, or they never fully rolled out those plans.

I truly appreciate the responses. It further validates why I plopped down $149 for our own space! We have the bev pack so that's covered. Not sure if I want to spend money on lcg burgers as the mast grill suits us just fine. 18 days and counting down!!