On the Eclipse and LOVING it!!!!!

chamima

We are currently on the Eclipse for the next three weeks (B2B) and it's absolutely wonderful.

I had read of all the cutbacks and was seriously nervous about the month we were about to spend on her but I have to tell you that everything is fabulous.

We are in Aqua and the service and food in BLU is out of this world. Our wonderful waiter, Gamma, has said that the Maitre D, Fathi, is supportive and wonderful to work with/for and that's why the service is so great. I just know that I see all of the service staff supporting each other and having the time to talk to all of the passengers and that no one seems rushed or under pressure. The food is also great. Not sure if there's a new menu (there might be since we're here a week now and I've only seen tuna - one of my favorites - once. ) But everything we've had (disclaimer - I only eat fish and my husband is a vegan) has been delicious.

I've read of complaints about the bar service but we've had wonderful , smiling service around the pools and at the bars.

I also have to laud Eddie the CD. I had read he was trying movies at the pool at night but that they were only at 8:00. We are late diners and I requested that he try a later movie and last night the movie was offered at 8 and 10. I absolutely LOVED laying under the Caribbean stars watching a movie. I'm really impressed that Eddie listened to an (anonymous) passenger and made a change! That really encompasses how I feel about ALL of the service on board.

So anyone who is apprehensive about your future cruise on the Eclipse - don't be! You are in for a wonderful 2 weeks!!!! :D

Karen I was going to wish you a great cruise but it sounds like it's already happening!

Love your enthusiasm! What's not to love about a great cruise on a great ship?

Have fun!

Norris

Have to add a couple of things -

the sommeliers in Blu are great and offer pretty decent wines (at least for these dry red wine drinkers on a premium package).

Also, there is non-stop multiple choice entertainment until late (after midnight).

There is really a feeling of life on this ship (something we really missed last year).

There is constant music and dancing in multiple venues all evening and it's hard to decide what to do.

Only negative is that the string quartet is now down to one violinist and a piano player and there is no guitarist but there is so much live music that it's really hard to complain at all.

We are currently on the Eclipse for the next three weeks (B2B) and it's absolutely wonderful.

aD

So glad you're having a great time. We had a fabulous trip on the sailing before yours (I remember you following along) so it's nice to hear the positive vibes continuing especially after so much negativity on this board lately. Enjoy the rest of your trip! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had read of all the cutbacks and was seriously nervous about the month we were about to spend on her but I have to tell you that everything is fabulous.

We are in Aqua and the service and food in BLU is out of this world. Our wonderful waiter, Gamma, has said that the Maitre D, Fathi, is supportive and wonderful to work with/for and that's why the service is so great. I just know that I see all of the service staff supporting each other and having the time to talk to all of the passengers and that no one seems rushed or under pressure. The food is also great. Not sure if there's a new menu (there might be since we're here a week now and I've only seen tuna - one of my favorites - once. ) But everything we've had (disclaimer - I only eat fish and my husband is a vegan) has been delicious.

I've read of complaints about the bar service but we've had wonderful , smiling service around the pools and at the bars.

I also have to laud Eddie the CD. I had read he was trying movies at the pool at night but that they were only at 8:00. We are late diners and I requested that he try a later movie and last night the movie was offered at 8 and 10. I absolutely LOVED laying under the Caribbean stars watching a movie. I'm really impressed that Eddie listened to an (anonymous) passenger and made a change! That really encompasses how I feel about ALL of the service on board.

So anyone who is apprehensive about your future cruise on the Eclipse - don't be! You are in for a wonderful 2 weeks!!!! :D

That is soooooo awesome to hear !!! We hop on on Sunday.....we look forward to movies under the stars too !!

Have you sweet talked him in to popcorn yet ????/ hahahahah

Brockmom

good to hear you are enjoying your cruise. We were on the Eclipse a few weeks ago and loved it.

enjoy!

Just sailed her for 14 days and I am in agreement with everything that you wrote except we are miles apart in our opinions about the live music. We were seriously disappointed in the amount and quality of the live music. In the early evenings, prior to dinner, there was often no music playing at all. When there was music, it was in short sets (less than an hour). And in our opinion the quality ranged from so-so to poor. I confess we were early to bed folks so perhaps the options later into the evening were better. We also loved Blu and thought it was the best managed Blu experience we have had so far.

Twice now Oceanview has blown us away with a surprise choice for lunch. One day it was made-to-order burritos and you chose the fillings you wanted. There were lots of choices and then they put it in a panni pan and heated it. It was most delicious.

Then today they had a Pub Special and were cooking fish and chips. The fish was hot, not greasy and terrific. Way to go, Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone on the current sailing please post the actual departure time for St. Kitts when you get there? Was changed to 4:00 but last sailing Captain Leo extended the time on the island to 5:00. Wondering if that will be the case from now on...

Thanks and continue to enjoy the rest of your cruise. Can't wait to our sailing in March.

Just off Eclipse last week. Had a great time. Excellent food in most venues. Service was outstanding. The entertainment was mediocre to poor. The eclipse band is good. The other live music groups were terrible. Never did the movie on deck due to dining times.