First Time on Celebrity & Can't Wait!

bdazzled

We're leaving out of Sydney in 2 weeks on the Sostice and looking forward to Aqua Class and Blu. Celebrating a big b-day on a "sea day". Does one of the specialty res. shine when it comes to b-days? Not being familiar with Blu, we reserved a few nights in the MDR as the menu selections are more varied and we don't mind the large dining rooms. For years we've heard nothing but great things as far as the food on X. Also, we tender into most of the Great Barrier Reef ports. Therefore, we feel pressured to book shore excursions now though we tend to do our own thing. Are Aqua Class guests allowed to grab an early tender even if we don't have an excursion? Wanting to save some time.

Enjoy! We have cruised Solstice twice and loved her!

For a special occasion I would recommend Murano's.....make sure they know. With their tableside flambé presentations it always seems an event!

Re tendering the general rules seem to be ship booked excursions, suite guests, Elites then tender tickets which you collect...I don't think Aqua Class gives any priority here. Usually very efficient unless bad weather slows it down.

For a special occasion you cannot miss with Murano. The service is impeccable and 5-Star!! The food is on par with any high-end quality restaurants on land and the table side presentations make the entire evening ultra-special!! You will be so happy after your dinner is complete. Make sure to let them know the dinner is in celebration of a special event.

Debbie

Welcome to Celebrity and Cruise Critic, bdazzled. On our last cruise (Millennium), I celebrated a birthday in Blu and they brought me a decorated cake and sang Happy Birthday. Our fantastic room steward decorated the cabin with flowers, streamers and Happy Birthday signs while we were out to breakfast. They went out of their way to make me feel special and they certainly succeeded.:)

Sailing out of Sydney is wonderful. Enjoy your cruise.

The service in Blu is truly amazing. The dining room is small, with plenty of staff. We found the food very nice, no real need to spend the money on specialty restaurants. As others have said, just let them know a head of time.

Sailing out of Sydney is an amazing sight. The Sunset Bar is a great place to be to get a some wonderful views, especially if you sail around sunset. Make sure you plan a later dinner on departure day so you don't miss sail away.

The service in Blu is truly amazing. The dining room is small, with plenty of staff. We found the food very nice, no real need to spend the money on specialty restaurants. As others have said, just let them know a head of time.

Sailing out of Sydney is an amazing sight. The Sunset Bar is a great place to be to get a some wonderful views, especially if you sail around sunset. Make sure you plan a later dinner on departure day so you don't miss sail away.

I agree 100%. Loved Blu on the Constellation last summer in the Adriatic and we'll be in Blu on the Silhouette in July around the British Isles. The food was excellent, service superb and the atmosphere intimate. There is no need to spend money on a specialty restaurant.