Summit shops

Two sheets

Yes the Summit sells a variety of the most popular brand watches. With that said shop around at home before you go. If you have something in mind get an idea of the pricing at home so that you can make an educated decision. The jewelry and watch deals are not what they used to be in the past. I have found that unless I have On Board Credit from Celebrity the deals are just about the same as they would be at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been able to find every watch I ever wanted to buy on a ship cheaper online. Even factoring in tax (if applicable) and shipping they are usually much cheaper online. I almost bought a Tissot for $550 on board that was supposedly 50% off. I got if for $246 from an online dealer when I got home. The Tag I was looking at on our last cruise was $2600 on the ship, found it for $2195 online.

Watches, as with jewelry, are huge profit makers for all cruise lines, so yes, they will be on board. You must remember that they are duty and tax free, not profit free! There's no duty on these, so you are getting a discount based on the retail price of the watch, not what you could buy it for online!

We both bought Citizen watches on one cruise, which we wear to this day. However, I could have bought them online for a similar price to that paid on the ship.

NCL usually has a watch special and they love to promote the Invicta line. I think it's because they are chunky and come in a very luxurious-looking case. However, the watches I've seen 'reduced' to 'only $99.99', I've seen online for less than $50!