Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

I received the same email BUT how can we book when we don't know what the ship looks like, where it will be going or the pricing?

Does the initial sailing for a new ship (or in this case new ship and new class) tend to make prices higher than normal?

Just curious.

I would imagine the whole first year of sailings will be priced higher than S and M class ships for similar itineraries.

I received the same email BUT how can we book when we don't know what the ship looks like, where it is going or the pricing????

I believe they are announcing the ship's details (e.g. the ship's looks/features) on the same day. As well, I'm sure the itineraries and pricing will be announced at the same time.

The idea of booking a cruise on a new ship with no advance advertised marketing, photos, deck plans, itineraries or other amenities (paid or inclusive of price) to look at and evaluate seems like Celebrity wants you to book on impulse and not based on an informed decision. Almost seems akin to rushing into a store at Black Friday just to see what is there only to find you weren't quick enough to grab anything to buy as it was grabbed by someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea of booking a cruise on a new ship with no advance advertised marketing, photos, deck plans, itineraries or other announced amenities (paid or inclusive of price) to look at and evaluate seems like Celebrity wants you to book on impulse and not based on an informed decision. Almost seems akin to rushing into a store at Black Friday just to see what is there only to find you weren't quick enough to grab anything to buy as it was grabbed by someone else.

The idea of booking a cruise on a new ship with no advance advertised marketing, photos, deck plans, itineraries or other announced amenities (paid or inclusive of price) to look at and evaluate seems like Celebrity wants you to book on impulse and not based on an informed decision. Almost seems akin to rushing into a store at Black Friday just to see what is there only to find you weren't quick enough to grab anything to buy as it was grabbed by someone else.