Help! 11 day Journey cruise dilemma!

INCHARGE

I feel OP's pain. Many of you who can pack for 10-12 days in just a carry-on are "normal" sized people with normal sized clothes. The larger the clothes, the heavier the are and the more space they require.

I think everyone has given her some excellent tips!

I hope you have a fantastic cruise ... relax :)

I feel OP's pain. Many of you who can pack for 10-12 days in just a carry-on are "normal" sized people with normal sized clothes. The larger the clothes, the heavier the are and the more space they require.

I think everyone has given her some excellent tips!

I hope you have a fantastic cruise ... relax :)

Nope, at the lower end of 'plus size' here. Though what does save me is the few inches I have to cut off my pants, lol.

Sis is a larger than I am and she packs in a punier carryon than I do. She swears by Space Bags, I use packing cubes.

Packing light(er) is a mind game.

My original plan was to carry my regular sized luggage and a stuffed carry on. I have changed this to now taking 2 regular sized checked bags of lighter weight. My reason for this is because of medical reasons. I currently have another large Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. This is the 4th, having had 3 open heart surgeries to cut out past Aneurysms. I thought about lifting that carry on to the overhead bin, and this would not be a safe thing to do. Traveling solo this time, I do not have my DH to do my heavy lifting. So...I will be taking 2 bags this time. I felt that I'd better be safe than sorry. Tomorrow I start my last big cruise journey! I am so looking forward to this cruise! :D Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Edited by INCHARGE

Thank You so much for your replies. I have unpacked that bag, and will see what I can double up on. I am platinum, so I can have 3 bags laundered. I have to be careful what I send them, because they use very hot water.

theriac... I will take your advice and remove one of the formal outfits. There are 2 cruise elegant nights, and 1 formal night on he Journey cruises. I will just wear one of them twice!

GweninTX... I have moved my jewelry and some shoes to my carry on. Thanks

Crookedhalo...I'm going to see which sets can be mixed. Thanks

RuthlessBoss...Thank You also. I am used to changing my clothes twice on a cruise. Once during the day, and I don't want to wear those dirty clothes to dinner, so again for dinner. It has nothing to do with who cares. I am the same way when at home. If we go out in the evening, I will shower and re-dress again.

P4all... I will send my laundry. Thanks much.

Jh2360.... I have my large bag and my carry on. My DH is lifting it for me to weigh. I am not able to take 2 large bags I wish. Lol. Thanks.

I appreciate all of your replies. Once I re-do, I will come back with my final weight.:D

That's why I always have to do a test pack. Lol.

When you send your dirty clothes to the laundry write on the bag cold water only and no hot dryer and also tell your room steward when he takes your laundry. I have done this and it works my clothes come back the same size I sent!! I also slip them an extra $5.