travel advisories

illinoisfive

There was a time a"few" years back when the ships were in port there was a large banner on each side the stated not to come within 500 yards of the ship and there were always coast guard gun boats circling the ship. If any boat tried to get inside that 500 yards, the coast guard boats would get right over to it with gunners in place and tell them to leave.

And, I am sure that all materials and goods to be loaded to the ship in a home port are inspected before the fork lifts take it out of the warehouse and to the ship. I have not seen a delivery truck of any kind on the dock or next to the ship in many years. In terms of food, I believe that a group of chefs have to approve every batch of food before it is taken on to the ship. When they used to do that on the dock, they opened several boxes on every skid looking at contents, quality, quantity, completeness, and freshness.

I am not worried to the point of cancelling. However, as always, it is important to be alert at all times. Anyone who has not done this in the past, needs to rethink their approach and be thankful how lucky they have been when they weren't vigilant. Don't let down your guard ever.

Just recently on the Pride, I mistakenly gave Carnival my Boarding Pass for my Dec 5th cruise on the Breeze instead of the Boarding Pass for the Pride on Oct 31st. Went right thru...:eek:

That doesn't really mean anything though. You still had to go through security, check in and get SS cards, have another crew check your SS card to proceed and then you have someone scan your SS to get on the ship. So really having the wrong boarding pass is a none issue. Just having any random boarding pass in general doesn't mean you're getting on the ship. So o don't really know what your point was with this part of your comment.

I personally can't comprehend why anyone would actually leave the country without a passport, but that's just me. I've had one for >30 years and I always have it with me when I'm on foreign soil.

I'm booked on the Vista Inaugural. I'm going unless the cruise is cancelled. The very top reason I booked is because of the stop in Izmir, Turkey, because I want to visit Ephesus. I need to visit Ephesus.

I'm not worrying about it. If we sail, I'll be on the ship.

I'm more apt to be hit by a car and killed crossing the street than in a terrorist attack. That doesn't stop me from walking places when I can!

I imagine Carnival is doing as much as any other travel vendor is doing and has been doing since 9/11.

I refuse to worry about things I can't control.

Exactly use common sense and for stars sake get a passport I never understand people going to a foreign country without one

The only changes I have seen is, that I have a friend who was to leave on a cruise right after the paris crisis and they were only using birth certificate to travel on and they were not allowed to go on the cruise since TSA was only letting people back in the country who had passports. She said alot of people were turned away.

When did TSA become responsible for the Cruise industry. I thought the main players were customs and immigration!