Time when Staterooms are ready.

moniquet

I don't do this because I have valuables/electronics etc. in my carry on and wouldn't want it sitting in an unsecured room (we all know they leave the doors open while preparing for the next trip). Better to keep with me for an hour or two;)

That's one of the many good things about being Platinum, Diamond, or purchasing FTTF - our stateroom is already done and our door is locked so we can safely leave our stuff behind.

If we didn't fall into one of those three categories, no way would we leave any of our belongings in an unsecured cabin. As we go to our cabin, other doors are propped open while they are prepped.

Thanks, it is about our 15th cruise but only cruised with Carnival once before and that was about 8 years ago. I wondered if things have changed.

Yes, many of the ships are now eight years older, including the Carnival Liberty. Many of the ships have been upgraded. Some of the ships in the fleet didn't exist eight years ago. Carnival has a new CEO (and he is eight years older now too).

Do you feel the same way about staff letting people hog deck chairs?

I feel the staff could do a better job with deck chairs, but I also generally think someone actively "hogging" a chair has more self-awareness of what they are doing and how it could impact others as opposed to someone that goes to their room to drop luggage and leaving, or a new cruiser who may not realize what they are doing. I find generally giving people a little bit of benefit of the doubt is helpful. Not everyone is out to break rules and get over on others. I don't see the two scenarios as equivalent and think it is not an apt comparison. You asked, so I answered you.

I recall years ago, but unfortunately not which line, when we boarded they had a room you could check your carry on luggage into. It was staffed and you got a number tag. That way you could roam the ship without the luggage, but you didn't have to go to the room to get rid of it. It was a free service.

Is this currently offered on carnival? If not, it would be a great service and would resolve people going to their rooms too early and also lessen luggage at the buffet restaurant and generally make life a little easier for the guest.

I feel the staff could do a better job with deck chairs, but I also generally think someone actively "hogging" a chair has more self-awareness of what they are doing and how it could impact others as opposed to someone that goes to their room to drop luggage and leaving, or a new cruiser who may not realize what they are doing. I find generally giving people a little bit of benefit of the doubt is helpful. Not everyone is out to break rules and get over on others. I don't see the two scenarios as equivalent and think it is not an apt comparison. You asked, so I answered you.

They are equivalent because they are both violations of established rules. Personal feelings do not justify breaking a rule.

I recall years ago, but unfortunately not which line, when we boarded they had a room you could check your carry on luggage into. It was staffed and you got a number tag. That way you could roam the ship without the luggage, but you didn't have to go to the room to get rid of it. It was a free service.

Is this currently offered on carnival? If not, it would be a great service and would resolve people going to their rooms too early and also lessen luggage at the buffet restaurant and generally make life a little easier for the guest.

You would need a huge room if you had carry-on luggage for a ship that carried 3000 to 4000 passengers. Would be unmanageable.

Would be easier if folks just followed the rules.

You would need a huge room if you had carry-on luggage for a ship that carried 3000 to 4000 passengers. Would be unmanageable.

Would be easier if folks just followed the rules.

It was either Princess or NCL, I can't remember which. They managed just fine.

It's 100% doable. Not everyone dropped their luggage, it's not compulsory, it was a nice feature to utilize though where you knew your bags were safe, you weren't in the way of the room steward, and didn't have to deal with trying to get lunch with your bag.

I'm just telling you something I personally encountered on a cruise and how it worked. Someone asked a question, and I put some answers out.

I don't know if Carnival ever did this but I do know Norwegian currently does this.

I know I could never be a cabin steward.

After someone just 'Dropped their stuff off and walked away" and they weren't entitled to this service,,, I'd be just "moving it into the hallway while I vacuumed" and forget to place it back into the cabin. :confused:

really over 1200 posts and you have never seen this same question 100's of times.

Yes, really and if you had really, really read everything, I explained why. If you want to split hairs most questions have been asked 100s of times. They are easy to miss, OK. There is search but I am an ordinary mortal with human failings:D

Thanks to everyone else for the helpful replies.:)

I know I could never be a cabin steward.

After someone just 'Dropped their stuff off and walked away" and they weren't entitled to this service,,, I'd be just "moving it into the hallway while I vacuumed" and forget to place it back into the cabin. :confused:

How much in tips do you expect to make?

Some people need to keep with them items that they do not want to risk being lost or can not wait many hours for; such as medications, personal electronics, etc. Whether someone brings too much stuff or not, I can't say. Just helping to explain an answer to your question.

If Staff let people put items in the room I don't see the problem. Carnival could easily lock out doors if they wanted. I think a lot of new cruisers simply don't realize.

The doors to cabins are closed with signs posted that only guests with Platinum/Diamond/FTTF can enter. The doors cannot be locked. Some guests are okay to be in the area and it would be a safety issue being locked. At that time, crew cannot be spared to stand at those doors at every entry just to argue with guests who " just want to drop off their luggage". If the cabin steward tells the guest that they can't leave their luggage, they know that they will be working for free that cruise because that guest is gonna stiff them on the gratuities.

The doors to cabins are closed with signs posted that only guests with Platinum/Diamond/FTTF can enter. The doors cannot be locked. Some guests are okay to be in the area and it would be a safety issue being locked. At that time, crew cannot be spared to stand at those doors at every entry just to argue with guests who " just want to drop off their luggage". If the cabin steward tells the guest that they can't leave their luggage, they know that they will be working for free that cruise because that guest is gonna stiff them on the gratuities.

Couldn't they program the cabin locks or key cards to be inactive until a certain time?

I've been on ships where cabins are ready for everyone at boarding and also in others with carry on luggage holding. Both were great. Maybe Carnival could look at offering one of those features in the future. Sometimes the answer to a broken procedure is a new procedure, not to point at the broken rules more vigorously.

Couldn't they program the cabin locks or key cards to be inactive until a certain time?

I've been on ships where cabins are ready for everyone at boarding and also in others with carry on luggage holding. Both were great. Maybe Carnival could look at offering one of those features in the future. Sometimes the answer to a broken procedure is a new procedure, not to point at the broken rules more vigorously.

The cabin doors are blocked open until the stewards finish so when not eligible guests leave their luggage, the cabin is not secured.Carnival could simply not allow guests to board until all the cabins are ready. Of course, that would frustrate those who preach "just ignore that suggested boarding time, come as early as you want".