Miracle 15 Day Hawaii Journeys

CatieM80

Has anyone done the 15 day to Hawaii on the Miracle since Carnival started the Journeys program? I know there have probably only been a couple sailings so far, but we are booked for it in January and I'm really curious how people like Journeys. Any other feedback about the cruise is also much appreciated. We are counting the days!!

Catie

Edited by CatieM80
Hit send too fast

We were on the Miracle in October to Hawaii.

The only "Journey" thing we noticed was one of our many sea days. It was a "throw back" day. Since we started cruising in the 80's and have cruised a lot of lines, it wasn't much different to us.

The plan of the day was an old format and some of games were from an earlier time.

They did have a good old fashioned Captains Cocktail Party. It was like the old days, limited drink selections were passed around freely in the theater, along with appetizers. It was very nice, and reminded us of what all cruises used to offer.

The Miracle is a nice ship with a terrific crew. Have a wonderful cruise

Aloha!

We were on the October cruise and really enjoyed it (but then we have enjoyed all of our cruises). I made an "album" of pictures of the cruise----I'm afraid most of them relate to us and our gang, with a lot in the beginning about our night on the Queen Mary and the end when we stayed in LA for a day, but they may give you an idea of the life on the ship and some of the Journey experiences like frog races, captain's party, etc.---if you have any questions just ask.

OUR HAWAIIAN CRUISE

We were on the October cruise and really enjoyed it (but then we have enjoyed all of our cruises). I made an "album" of pictures of the cruise----I'm afraid most of them relate to us and our gang, with a lot in the beginning about our night on the Queen Mary and the end when we stayed in LA for a day, but they may give you an idea of the life on the ship and some of the Journey experiences like frog races, captain's party, etc.---if you have any questions just ask.

OUR HAWAIIAN CRUISE

WOW -- nice job! When we retire I'm going to try to make an album like that! I just can't seem to make the time to do it. I'm lucky if I get the pictures off the camera.

I looked to see if we were int he background of any of your shots -- we played a lot of trivia also. It was a very nice trip!

Aloha!

Actually, this is what I post on line----what I enjoy most is taking the pictures and putting them on a CD with appropriate music. For this one I had Elvis (Blue Hawaii), Don Ho (Tiny Bubbles), the Beach Boys (California dreaming), Peter Paul & Mary (Leaving on a Jet Plane), and 8 others. I then send them out to our tablemates.

OUR HAWAIIAN CRUISE

Thank you so much chocolate melting cake! I took a quick look through your album but wanted to spend more time looking through it when I have a little more time. The pics I saw were great! The throw back day looks like so much fun! How did you like Chloe as your CD? I think I've seen her before, maybe as the ACD on the Splendor with Malcolm? Not sure, but she looks familiar. If it is the same gal, I really liked her on the Splendor. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you once I get to look through all your pictures. Thanks again!

Edited by CatieM80
Spelling

We were on the Miracle in October to Hawaii.

The only "Journey" thing we noticed was one of our many sea days. It was a "throw back" day. Since we started cruising in the 80's and have cruised a lot of lines, it wasn't much different to us.

The plan of the day was an old format and some of games were from an earlier time.

They did have a good old fashioned Captains Cocktail Party. It was like the old days, limited drink selections were passed around freely in the theater, along with appetizers. It was very nice, and reminded us of what all cruises used to offer.

The Miracle is a nice ship with a terrific crew. Have a wonderful cruise

Aloha!

Thanks for the info Cruzbuds! I think one of things I am most excited about on the sea days is the throw back day, so I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it as well as your cruise! January can't get here soon enough...:)

Has anyone done the 15 day to Hawaii on the Miracle since Carnival started the Journeys program? I know there have probably only been a couple sailings so far, but we are booked for it in January and I'm really curious how people like Journeys. Any other feedback about the cruise is also much appreciated. We are counting the days!!

Catie

We have sailed to Hawaii twice, not on a Carnival ship, but on HAL & Celebrity. I can't imagine that Carnival would be much different. We really, really enjoyed both sailings, but we love sea days because of the low-key atmosphere and no pressure to do anything. We did go to some of the Hawaii-themed activities. There was lei making, ukulele and hula lessons, jewelry making, cooking Hawaii food (Spam), etc. etc. Also was a native Hawaiian man onboard who gave daily talks on the culture and settlement of the islands. Don't miss a Hilo Hatties store where everything Hawaii is sold - biggest one is on Honolulu. We enjoyed a luau on Maui, and of course the Pearl Harbor Memorial on Oahu is absolutely not to be missed. Hawaii Volcanos National Park is also great! We would go again.

Actually, this is what I post on line----what I enjoy most is taking the pictures and putting them on a CD with appropriate music. For this one I had Elvis (Blue Hawaii), Don Ho (Tiny Bubbles), the Beach Boys (California dreaming), Peter Paul & Mary (Leaving on a Jet Plane), and 8 others. I then send them out to our tablemates.

I did one almost 10 years ago that was awesome -- video, music the works -- We had a exceptional roll call group and I sent DVD's to all of them. If I tried to do it again, I would need to go back to step one and learn all the software again. Looking forward to retirement!

Our friends are in the background of one of your trivia shot, we must have been just out of range.

We enjoyed Chloe as the CD - she was very nice and she had an excellent crew. Terence was our favorite

I did one almost 10 years ago that was awesome -- video, music the works -- We had a exceptional roll call group and I sent DVD's to all of them. If I tried to do it again, I would need to go back to step one and learn all the software again. Looking forward to retirement!

Our friends are in the background of one of your trivia shot, we must have been just out of range.

We enjoyed Chloe as the CD - she was very nice and she had an excellent crew. Terence was our favorite

Agree about Chloe and Terence.

• 1 month later...