Has anybody cruised with Malcolm Burns as the CD before?

IPlayWithString

He's American from the Bronx.

We've sailed with him 3 times on the Splendor.

1st time I found him very annoying....WooHooing everything gets annoying pretty fast.........but he actually grew on me. By the 3rd cruise he was actually quite entertaining. He's very involved and all over the ship. You'll see him at a deck party and 10 minutes later in the showroom, then on the Lido....seems like he never sleeps...........He does a great Beyoncé !

He's American from the Bronx.

We've sailed with him 3 times on the Splendor.

1st time I found him very annoying....WooHooing everything gets annoying pretty fast.........but he actually grew on me. By the 3rd cruise he was actually quite entertaining. He's very involved and all over the ship. You'll see him at a deck party and 10 minutes later in the showroom, then on the Lido....seems like he never sleeps...........He does a great Beyoncé !

I kind of felt the same- 1st time he was our CD, during the muster drill, he really turned me off. Not sure exactly what it was and most likely it wasn't his fault, people were probably talking or not paying attention but it was too long and I thought he was a little rude. However on my cruise over the 4th of July, I really enjoyed him. Especially during Quest. He really was so funny.

I have sailed with Malcolm a number of times including when he was an Asst cruise director.

My last cruise with Malcolm was last summer, he was great. He was really hands on and a lot of fun. He is always around and really friendly and helpful.

As the other poster mentioned he was a hoot at the Quest and I was disappointed he was no longer on the Splendor when I sailed again in August.

We've been on 4 cruises with Malcolm, he is one of our favorites. A couple of cruises ago (when it was still past cruisers party and not platinum, diamond and held in the main theater) we went to the past cruisers party. About 20 servers were ready with drinks, appetizers, etc. Five of us who had spoken to Malcolm showed up, the invitations had never been sent! Malcolm gave a comic talk--asked us to take at least 20 drinks out with us and rescheduled. Here he is at the start and "end" of the party.

14998581354_fe65c6826b.jpg

15433338377_abd77bb867.jpg

I had a very unfortunate encounter with Malcolm, and because of that, he's my LEAST FAVORITE C.D. of the entire fleet. I guess I should give him another chance, as others seem to like him, but I found him lazy, and not interested in the passengers, at all. Maybe he was just having a BAD WEEK?

"SKY"

Been on 25 cruises with Carnival and I am on for rest and reading. So the cruise directors are one aspect I rarely have anything to do with. But found that Malcolm was just a hoot. Really enjoyed him.

Edited by Muumuu

I thought he was great. Have sailed with him a few times. The guy is like an Energizer Bunny, up at 8am making announcements and then boogieing away at the late night deck party. We had a blast when he did the music trivia in the atrium on the Freedom. The pink disco wig was especially nice. :)

We have had the pleasure of sailing with Malcolm. He was very attentive to the guests, from each of our encounters. It was interesting to watch him. He was everywhere, and very energetic. But also, we saw him on occasion hold it down a notch and seek out quiet guests and spend quality time with them. He seemed to know that that particular guest needed some additional attention. It impressed us so much that we actually talked to him about our observations. He was very humble and said he was just doing his job. Interesting to hear the different opinions. I wonder if he was sick on those few occasions. I would definitely be happy to sail again with him as CD.

Sailed with him on the SPLENDOR; no problems at all. The whole "Woo-Hoo" thing is no big deal at all. He says it at the end of his announcements, and says it so fast you hardly hear it. How that can annoy anyone is beyond me.

Edited by Linerguy

We've sailed everything that floats with a funnel from Galveston, our next one is the 25 milestone and Malcolm Burns is the funniest guy we've cruised with in a decade.

We liked Jen Baxter, would like to see the fiddle player Steve on a milk carton and didn't have an opinion on the others, but this guy is the real deal, he's everywhere. The past guest event was most memorable as he stood and talked with us after the other guests left. No hurry, no looking over my shoulder as to see who might be walking by.

Enjoy your vacation.

Edited by BallFour4

I've sailed with him twice (maybe 3 times, can't remember offhand) and I find him VERY annoying!!!! :( Wether it's the announcements he makes during the day/evening on the ship's PA system or in person at a show or some other event, hearing "WOO HOO" all the time (which is how he ends every announcement/speech/intro/whatever and sometimes he'll say it in the middle of one of those things) gets real old, annoying, and tiresome real fast. :( He's good at his job, it's just that I find his little tagline (for lack of a better word) super annoying. It'd be better if he used it way less often.

I'm really looking forward to sailing with Matt Mitcham in a few weeks on my Breeze B2B and again next year on the Vista, I've heard he's awesome!! :D

I thought he was a great CD. Not my favorite of all, but definitely near the top. He seemed to have the perfect balance, and was very involved with everything that's going on. It sounds like he may have a bad week here & there, but it sounds like he usually does a great job. I got my picture taken with "him" after the Legends show on my last cruise.