My review on the Carnival Victory Nov 5th 2015

glituner32

My review on the Carnival Victory Nov 5th- 9th 2015

Day 1 – Miami

Day 2- Key West

Day 3 – Cozumel

Day 4- Sea Day

My wife and I booked this cruise about 1 month out. We have cruised on NCL, RCCL and Carnival before. This was a quick weekend getaway. We love cruising; we usually take 2 cruises a year. This will be our last cruise for now as my wife and I are expecting our first baby (14 weeks when we went). For those that are pregnant. Carnival requires you to fill out a form and submit to them 14 days before departure. They also took our original copy when we got to port. We did not have any issues boarding the ship.

We are from the DC area. We flew in from IAD to MIA direct fight at 6am. We got to Miami at about 8:30. I knew it was way too early to go to port, so we took are time and got breakfast at the airport. At about 9:30am we walked out of the airport to catch a cab. $27 flat rate to get to the port. We got to the port around 10am. There was a little morning rush hour traffic. Check in was a breeze there were going about 30-40 passengers already sitting down waiting to board. I bought FTTF for the first time. But for check in since we got there early it wasn’t really worth it.

They started boarding the ship at 11:30. And called FTTF at 11:40am. We boarded and went straight to our room. This was the only part of FTTF that I thought was worth it since the room was ready and we were able to drop our luggage off since we brought small carry-ons since it was a 4 day cruise. After we went to have lunch on the Lido deck.

After lunch we both were tired since we woke up around 4am to go to the airport. So we took a nap until we were called for the muster drill. Ship set sail right after.

Explored the ship after it set sail then we went to dinner at the MDR. I felt the food was good but it didn’t have as many choices that I enjoyed from previous carnival cruises.

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9199.jpg

Day 2 Key West.

First time in Key West. Since the ship was only there from 7:30-2pm. Man was it hot outside. Maybe if just felt hot since we came from cold weather. We booked the City Trolley it at $20 a person and you can get off and on at stops. This was great since we never been we wanted to tour around key west.

Breakfast on the balcony

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9254.jpg

This cuban coffee shop was soooo good, Had a huge line also.

IMG_9264.jpg

I am enjoying your review very much. Brings back fond memories of my cruise on Victory last month, although different itinerary. Looking forward to more review, and great photos. The food ones are making me hungry:)

And Congratulations!

Edited by SMSACE6

Day 3 Cozumel.

Ship didn’t arrive till 1pm- 10pm. We wanted to enjoy a beach day, so since my wife is pregnant we usually go to all-inclusive beach days, this time we went to Paradise Beach. It was a $15 cab ride and $3 a person to get in. It includes beach chair and umbrella. It was a nice place with a pool and full bar and food. It was not crowed either. I had a few beers and we ordered some food. Spent about $40 there, so all in all it wasn’t bad. At about 5pm the beach was closing so we took a cab over to downtown Cozumel to do some shopping. After we went back to the ship for dinner.

We started the morning in the MDR for breakfast

IMG_9293.jpg

After we just chilled and relaxed in our room until Lunch. We ate lunch before getting to Cozumel and getting off the ship.

Pulling up into Cozumel.

IMG_9294.jpg

Elation and Paradise were in port the same day. 3 ships total.

Edited by glituner32

After the beach, since the ship wasn't leaving till 10pm we took a cab to downtown cozumel to do some shopping.

IMG_9330.jpg

Back at the ship.

IMG_9334.jpg

We had anytime dining so we went back on board to have dinner.

Edited by glituner32

After dinner we went outside to watch the ship set sail. We noticed some action going on outside.

See my other thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278608

So someone was outside the ship getting kicked off. Still have not figured out the whole story yet.

IMG_9380.png

Edited by glituner32

Overall the cruise was great. I had a great time and had no issues. The ship is a bit older but those things don’t get to me. I would rate this cruise an 8 out of 10. Reason being I felt that the food was not up to par compared to past carnival cruises I have been on. My stateroom and was clean but it was really dusty in spots that I felt should have been wiped down. I also had 6pm dining but when I got my sail and sign card it was late dining 8:15pm. I had to get it switched back on the ship. I also got the soda package. I’m a big Coke drinker but for some reason I think the Coke on board was imported from a different country because it didn’t taste the same. It was always flat even when they opened a new can.

Thanks

Stan

Till next time Miami

IMG_9374.jpg

I agree with your rating of 8 out of 10, and that is not a bad rating at all.

I was fine with the food mostly. I had dust on my tv stand as well LOL. But all in all not a bad cruise at all, just too short IMO. My Liberty cruise in 2009, I rate a 10, even with some dining room issues. My two Freedom cruises get a 9, and all the rest an 8, and I really have loved them all.

So thanks again for the review and photos, and best wishes on your upcoming precious new arrival, and parenthood.:)