Magic Aft Balcony

evandbob

A few weeks ago we sailed on the Magic in an aft balcony, our first. There was a small overhang, maybe 2 foot, that provided a little shade, otherwise the balcony was totally exposed. After a half hour of sitting out there, I was thoroughly baked.

We've been accustomed to regular balconies that have a larger overhang that provide some shade and relief from the sun. I doubt I would book another aft balcony on the Dream class ships. Otherwise the Magic was a wonderful ship!

Awesome info, we are close to booking the Magic for our NYE cruise 2016-2017although we would not be booking an aft balcony. It would be midship balcony or OS but great to hear good things about the ship. Will you do a more extensive review? Pix?

We are on the Valor this year after Christmas and possible booking the Magic at that time for next year (If I can wait ;)). Will be looking forward to reading all kinds of reviews for the magic between now and next NYE.

A few weeks ago we sailed on the Magic in an aft balcony, our first. There was a small overhang, maybe 2 foot, that provided a little shade, otherwise the balcony was totally exposed. After a half hour of sitting out there, I was thoroughly baked.

We've been accustomed to regular balconies that have a larger overhang that provide some shade and relief from the sun. I doubt I would book another aft balcony on the Dream class ships. Otherwise the Magic was a wonderful ship!

What deck were you on? Is this true for afts on all decks? Considering changing ships to magic and if there's some great Black Friday deals would like to upgrade.

Edited by wantocruisemore

Recently back from cruise on Magic having stayed in cabin 7461. Was very disappointed in cabin. Paid as much as all other aft cabin cruisers, yet, was not made aware that cabin 7461 was "chopped" short due to corner and that there was no sofa or extra room. Cabin was small and cramped as compared to many, many balcony rooms I have stayed in before. Just wanted to make sure all future balcony cruisers were aware of this and will check on the actual cabin attributes if possible. Disappointed that Carnival does not let people know about this or at least discount the price for that cabin and any other aft balcony cabins like it.

What deck were you on? Is this true for afts on all decks? Considering changing ships to magic and if there's some great Black Friday deals would like to upgrade.

We were on deck six, in the middle, cabin #6476. Looking up, it appeared all but maybe the very top deck, Vista level, had shortened overhangs.

Since we were in the middle, we did have the sofa and table that the cabins towards the ends did not have. We spoke to someone at our M&G who had a corner aft, and they said they were also disappointed in their cabin, it was a triangle shape and tiny.

When we booked, we got a great deal on our aft and just a few months later a regular balcony was going for more than what we paid on early saver. Had I paid a few hundred more pp, I would have been hugely disappointed. As I said, we were happy with the rest of the ship, it was probably the best Carnival ship I have sailed on so far. Hoping the Vista will be even better next Thanksgiving!

I have had afts on deck 9 of both the Dream and the Breeze and they were completely covered. Love this location and i believe the same holds true for deck 9 on the magic. Two things that may be a deal breaker for some.

There is noise from the Lido, but if you are a heavy sleeper or do not mind wearing ear plugs it is not an issue.

These are not private balconies. The walls on each side are high and gradually lower to around waist high at the railing.