Carnival "Cyber Weekend" deals

Honolulu Blue

I didn't see anyone else post this, so I guess I'll do the honors. This is from Carnival's PR site, so I'll post it in its entirety. The full release is at http://carnival-news.com/2015/11/25/carnival-cruise-line-hosts-four-day-cyber-weekend-sale-over-thanksgiving-holiday/ :

Carnival Cruise Line Hosts Four-Day ‘Cyber Weekend’ Sale Over Thanksgiving Holiday

Posted on: November 25th, 2015 - News Blog

Carnival Cruise Line kicks off a massive Cyber Weekend sale on Friday offering a number of exceptional value-added promotions.

A different promotion will be showcased each day over the four-day holiday period, kicking off Friday with a 24-hour sale touting cruises available for as little as $49 per person per day. Saturday’s promotion includes two- to five-day voyages starting at $65 per person per day with a shipboard credit of $65 per stateroom, while Sunday’s sale highlights cruises of six days and longer available for as low as $75 per person per day with a shipboard credit of $75 per stateroom. The promotion concludes with a 24-hour Cyber Monday sale offering Early Saver rates, 50 percent reduced deposits, $1 upgrades and free price protection on select Carnival sailings.

Aided by a collection of lively animated robots relaxing on a Caribbean island, Carnival’s Cyber Weekend sale will be promoted with a series of advertisements and videos across the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Cyber Weekend deals are available in conjunction with a variety of three- to eight-day Carnival cruises through May 16, 2016, departing from convenient homeports along the East and West Coasts and the Gulf of Mexico. Applicable sail dates and booking windows vary by promotion. Certain other restrictions apply.

My cruise also went up 60 bucks pp. I did see that the next category up was cheaper but it's a guarantee cabin and I cannot get it with the early saver promotion.

In my opinion this is how they get away with not price matching for early saver. I used to do well with it but now the only time it's cheaper is when it's a guarantee cabin.

I don't think i will be booking early saver any more.

Been watching my cruise in April for a price drop but it hasn't budged from $789 for a balcony room in a couple months. looked yesterday and today and its still $789 and no OBC included. I paid $729 for mine back in July. All well. Ill keep buying the Carnival gift cards through Verizon points program and save money that way and use them for OBC with our sail and sign card. 50 free bucks is 50 free bucks. get a couple of the $500 cards and i'm ahead $100 already. I've already saved $90 buying the gift cards and using them to pay off the cruise balance.

• 2 weeks later...

With the nec CEO and her philosophy that cheap cruising is ending and profits must increase substantially, I don't think we will see the good deals or sales like we have in the past. I know we sailed for 14 days this January for a cabin rate of $31 per person, double occupancy. Iwe were interior Main deck and interior deck 10. I haven't seen anything close to that since we booked those 2 during promotions:a 12 hour sale and a 32 hour sale. Now,those kinds of sales are not really "sales" at all. Now I will compare prices and deals on other lines instead of just automatically booking Carnival.