Sailing alone??

strawbs1

Ugh...the person I'd planned to sail with has backed out of the cruise and I've had no luck finding a replacement and I've even asked friends who I know would drive me crazy after a week! I still intend to go on the November 28th sailing although I feel a bit awkward doing it on my own. I'm a SeaDream veteran so I know how friendly and welcoming SeaDream passengers are but that was when I was with my terrifically personable wonderful husband who passed away in April. I just need a few words of encouragement here...

Just posting to give you all the encouragement possible.

Good thing your friends you wouldn't tolerate for a week couldn't make it.

You've been making so many solo leaps in the past six months it has to be exhausting. Sending you warm sunny thoughts with a lovely deck chair and a welcoming glass of fizzy wine.

• 3 weeks later...

The good news is that I found someone! I'll be sailing with one of my all-time favorite friends who I never considered asking because she has a family and I figured TG week would be a big family time. WRONG! She's ready and willing to go on her FIRST cruise! Talk about starting at the top!

Glad you found someone to go with but (without sounding too saccharine) you would never be alone on SD, you would have your SD family. I have always found fellow passengers to be friendly, inclusive, interesting, and quite frankly one of the best reasons to sail SD.