Rangiroa Blue Lagoon For Snorkelers?

LocoLoco1

• 5 weeks later...

There are several outfits that do snorkle tours - Long and short. The short is a 20 min ride from the tender pier to the "Aquarium" which is great for beginning snorklers - 6-8 ft water. Longer trips do scuba and snorkle, but they are deeper. Check Trip Advisor and Snorkling threads and search the Roll calls.

I SCUBA, but rest of our group only snorkels. QUESTION: Has anyone had a Rangiroa Dive Shop take group to Blue Lagoon or Pink Sand to only Snorkel?? Locomotiveman Tom

Keep in mind that it is a LONG trip to the lagoon. You will be in a boat for about 4 hours round trip.

The Aquarium was amazing - actually much deeper than 6-8 feet. Best snorkeling I have ever experienced.

The Tiputa pass looks amazing too but it will depend on tides. That's more for scuba though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Twin,

Have read that the Blue Lagoon Rangiroa trip is somewhere between 60-90 min. Are you saying that it's more like 2 hours each way?

Also have heard that it is quite bumpity, leaving ones bum sore for days. Was that your experience? Husband with bad back- doubt he could take it.

Nancy

Twin,

Have read that the Blue Lagoon Rangiroa trip is somewhere between 60-90 min. Are you saying that it's more like 2 hours each way?

Also have heard that it is quite bumpity, leaving ones bum sore for days. Was that your experience? Husband with bad back- doubt he could take it.

Nancy

Because it can be a very a rough ride it can take up to two hours. 90 minutes also it took some friends. I don't know anyone who has gone that has told me it took an hour. I have been to Rangiroa three times and no one I know who has gone ever told me how great the snorkeling is. When I went to the blue lagoon on Fakarava (I wish we were going there!) it was spectacular but the snorkeling was so-so. You will not have a better snorkeling experience than the Aquarium. I know it's expensive and close to the ship but anyone into snorkeling needs to do this once. This of course is MY OPINION!!!

I never went to the blue lagoon because of back issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Twin.

Decided that because of hubby's back issues we'll forego the Blue lagoon.

Have heard back from both Y Aka Plongee and 6 Passengers. They both get great reviews. Only difference I see is that 6 Pax says trip is 2 hours and Y Aka says 90 min.

No complaints only that 6 Pax has no ladder into the Zodiac, so unless you are well-muscled, you have to rely on others to pull you back onboard.

Nancy

Thanks Twin.

Decided that because of hubby's back issues we'll forego the Blue lagoon.

Have heard back from both Y Aka Plongee and 6 Passengers. They both get great reviews. Only difference I see is that 6 Pax says trip is 2 hours and Y Aka says 90 min.

No complaints only that 6 Pax has no ladder into the Zodiac, so unless you are well-muscled, you have to rely on others to pull you back onboard.

Nancy

Where do you go on this excursion?