Port Vila B Buses

SpainAlien

We are arriving at Port Vila on Explorer or the seas (not a tender). We have booked a tour through Evergreen and they have confirmed our booking but told us:

"Apologies we do not pick up from the cruise terminal due to an agreement made with the cruise line to pre sold our tours on board therefore we advise you to take a B. Bus for no more than 5 dollar per head to our main office Evergreen Tours Opposite Anchor Inn down town, only 10mins drive."

So, my question is: where do we catch a "B" bus? The next question is do they take AUD or do I need to get VATU?

Many thanks in advance

Gail

The B transport are vans of mini buses that are identified by a B on the left side of the place. They are available at the bus stops at port vila.

It will be necessary to use VATU on the buses.

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly and I am sorry to bother you again but are the bus stops near where we get off the ship? Do we need to make our own way off the port to get to the bus stop or is there a shuttle. Of course it is possible that it really isn't that big of a port and it is all obvious when you are there but I need to make sure because otherwise I will cancel the tour and book through the ship.

Thanks again

There is no public transport system in Vanuatu. Mini buses are privately owned and are identified by the letter "B" fixed to their number plates. These buses are everywhere, and with few bus stops in Vila, they are simply flagged down on the side of the road. Taking a local bus is an experience itself (around $1.20 AUD for an around town trip) and you may find yourself getting a rather cheap round island tour as there is no set bus route

If the tour company said you can get there to their office by B buses ,1 would go with that

Another option would be taking the water taxi which docks next to the port exit it is $5 as well and drops of near the Grand Hotel with a five minute walk down to the Anchor Inn.

The wharf is being reconstructed so there could be changes. Normally the buses are parked a 5 minute walk from the terminal they charge $5 per person and don't leave until the bus is full. Most of the times we have been there we have been of the ship by early and into town before the shops even open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Another option would be taking the water taxi which docks next to the port exit it is $5 as well and drops of near the Grand Hotel with a five minute walk down to the Anchor Inn.

The wharf is being reconstructed so there could be changes. Normally the buses are parked a 5 minute walk from the terminal they charge $5 per person and don't leave until the bus is full. Most of the times we have been there we have been of the ship by early and into town before the shops even open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

+1 for the $5 water taxi - lots cooler and scenic plus you don't have to breathe in all the stinky diesel fumes from the traffic. Take a handful of aussie $5 cos they don't do change very well

we also get off the ship early, hit the duty free shops as they open and then we have the rest of the day to ourselves

to get back to the ship head to the same place the water taxi dropped you off, or catch a B bus .... simples :D