Cruise in early February?

Cimbom

Just wondering what others think about this? I had a booking for this November which I changed to another sailing in Feb as it was a great deal. It is a 10 day cruise to New Caledonia and Vanuatu (5 ports) and only $60 per person per day. I just found out this is the peak of the rainy season. I am concerned about not being able to enjoy the ports as much as well as a possible increase in seasickness due to rough weather. I have only paid the deposit. Would you cancel?

You really can't tell. I will say that February will be a lot hotter and more humid particularly around the islands.

Our next cruise is to PNG in February as well but that particular itinerary visiting 7 ports is only offered then so that's when we are going.

I wouldn't cancel if a got a good deal especially if you are on one of the lower decks. Take seasick bands and some Travelcalm, and also some disposable ponchos in case of rain and have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if you did end up booking?

I am booked on Explorer for 4th February to South Pacific.

I would tend to say cyclones can happen at anytime from January through to the end of March.

February will be a good time though because it will be very warm and school holidays would have just finished.

My cruise from Brisbane to Papeete in 2102 starting late January was weather challenged. 3 cyclones and an earthquake (Vanuatu) caused many missed ports and delays. We weren't even supposed to be in Port Vila - we had to get away from a cyclone. It's the same as asking about a Caribbean cruise this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by twin123185