Variety Of South Pacific Port Summaries - New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji

LuckiePuris

Thank you so much for this info! Super helpful! We will be visiting some of these ports in March 2017. If you (or anyone) has comments or answers to my questions below, I'd appreciate any additional pointers!

Thanks again!

Hi lalenalei,

RE: Vanuatu - We have booked a local tour with JJ Manples in Dec 16. Look them up on trip advisor.

We have previously done "The Barge" - Blue Lagoon tour, - peaceful and relaxing

hope it helps

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, especially details about Noumea. I hadn't realised there was a Duck Island option without the cruise ship, and we'd planned to do the HOHO bus anyway so that sounds like a fantastic way to go about it. Freedom to come back as we wish but still structured enough to avoid any issues getting back in time for the ship to depart and cheaper to boot.

Thank you so much for this info! Super helpful! We will be visiting some of these ports in March 2017. If you (or anyone) has comments or answers to my questions below, I'd appreciate any additional pointers!

Thanks again!

To be honest with amadee I would recommend against doing this with an independent company as you are quite a way away, approx 45min-1hr. If anything happens and you're delayed to get back to the ship, they won't wait.

For Noumea we did the same thing we visited last time, just relaxed at a patisserie for lunch, then headed back to the ship. Going back next month and thinking to do the same as I've been lucky to have done most of the main sightseeing.

For Vila, I'd recommend round island safari as a tour option if you're wanting to see the whole island for the day. Otherwise if you're going to be out with with local driver, I would only be doing a part day outing as you want to allow time to get back if there are delays.

Also if they will be waiting at the vehicle for you while you swim ect, I'd recommend paying them at the end, to give a bit more reassurance that they won't leave you behind.

Hope this helps!!