For Celestyal Crystal Info & Roll Calls (Cuba)

mlbcruiser

We are hopefully going to do a people to people program on the Celestyal Crystal in a few months. I think it was formerly called the Louis Crystal for these cruises earlier this year. I don't know why there are no roll calls listed for Celestyal line's Crystal on the usual roll call boards list on this website. However, what little info there is - or attempts at roll calls - can be found under the section called "all other cruise line forums" boards.

At any rate, I'd love to hear any cruise reviews of this ship's cruises to Cuba - esp. cruises from last spring, no matter what name it was called at the time.

Please add any info. you think might be of interest no matter on what aspect of your cruise it regards.

BTW, I did find a board with a few reviews (mostly old) on the other ships forum.

I guess I will try to post roll call heads ups on whatever boards that someone going on this cruise might see once I get our date secured.

Thanks for any input!

Edited by mlbcruiser

OMG, retiring soon, you found what I was looking for a couple of weeks ago but could not find! Thanks for posting. I saw that thread months ago and even posted on it myself after getting a travel website email alert about it telling me about it and saying it was bookable through a Canadian agency. I read some posts that were directed to me that I had not even known were there as I didn't rec'v. notifications for them. (Sometimes even when I remember to check the instant notification block the notifications don't come. Even when I frequently return to the thread. Then all of a sudden they start coming again- ? ) I am still of the opinion that this CC website presents posts re: the Celestyal Crystal Cuba cruises in a rather scattered way. The info. is a bit spread around under different categories.

RE: reviews, some of the testimonials on the yourcubacruise website are helpful and informative. Also, for anyone short of time, the early pgs. of the link you provided are skipable for anyone looking for updated info. on this ship re: their Cuba cruises. The more recent pages are more helpful as there have been many changes. Lots of interesting news in them. I booked through the mycubacruise (Celestyal) website.

Still want to read about everything I can find on this cruise. Helps with looking forward to the cruise and anticipation is part of the enjoyment!

I wish there was a dedicated roll call page JUST for this ship. For the record, we are booked on the Feb. 17 cruise. :)

• 2 weeks later...

In it's inaugural year, we booked our first Cuba Cruise aboard the Crystal (then Louis Crystal) and paid for it in full even though we were not certain we had not bought a "pig in a poke". We needed to know that the ship had sailed from Greece and was in fact en route to Cuba. So we kept tabs on her all the way across the Atlantic which not only assured us so but increased the excitement and anticipation for the cruise.

Today you can still find her whereabouts at:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/Celestyal-Crystal-location?imo=7827213

To find her current and future itinerary, go to: http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celestyal-Crystal-644

We note that she will be in dry dock from September 30th until sailing late October, for she is to commence sailing from Montego Bay on November 18th.

It's that time of year again and it's nice to again see Roll Call entries for the Crystal, for even thought this will be our forth year, we again look forward to being aboard in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
... Today you can still find her whereabouts at:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/Celestyal-Crystal-location?imo=7827213

We note that she will be in dry dock from September 30th until sailing late October, for she is to commence sailing from Montego Bay on November 18th. .

Today we see that the Crystal is now in dry dock but in Valleta, Malta, not Greece. And based upon our previous 24 day crossing aboard, she should be heading for Cuba the week of October 23rd.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we see the Crystal is finally en route to Cuba. She had a stopover at Ancona, Italy which was a surprise as she does not show an itinerary for her crossing. We booked her 24 day crossing on the second season but with less than 100 passengers aboard you can appreciate why it may not be repeated. However, presently she is rounding the tip of Italy headed towards Sicily and now we can all begin our countdown to our own individual sailings.

ONT-CA, it's good to know you enjoyed the ship even before some of her refurbishments enough to sail on her again. (I hope the diversion to Sicily was not due to any mechanical or other problems, but if so, at least it was obviously corrected.) Anticipation is definitely an important aspect of any trip! Thank you for the links and your input! Hope some trip reports will start being posted soon!

ONT-CA, it's good to know you enjoyed the ship even before some of her refurbishments enough to sail on her again. (I hope the diversion to Sicily was not due to any mechanical or other problems, but if so, at least it was obviously corrected.) Anticipation is definitely an important aspect of any trip! Thank you for the links and your input! Hope some trip reports will start being posted soon!

We have been sailing Cuba Crystal since the inaugural year and have chalked up 73 days aboard. We are scheduled for an additional 14 commencing in January 2017. Yes, we love the ship but the primary reason for our return is and has been the crew. We have never been so well treated in all our 37 cruises and now consider crew members our friends. That is one of the reasons at this time of year we check both the calendar and the location of the Crystal.

Edited by ONT-CA

Well, we see the Crystal is finally en route to Cuba. She had a stopover at Ancona, Italy which was a surprise as she does not show an itinerary for her crossing. We booked her 24 day crossing on the second season but with less than 100 passengers aboard you can appreciate why it may not be repeated. However, presently she is rounding the tip of Italy headed towards Sicily and now we can all begin our countdown to our own individual sailings.

The Crystal has now been moored at Barcelona upwards of three days. We initially assumed that this was a one day port of call but now believe something is amiss and repairs or corrections are being made. She is due in Montego Bay Jamaica on November 18th and for her to follow he previous course across the Atlantic and into the Caribbean would mean she would be late. Of course she could make better time than she has in the past but this stopover in Barcelona poses some questions.

The Crystal has now been moored at Barcelona upwards of three days. We initially assumed that this was a one day port of call but now believe something is amiss and repairs or corrections are being made. She is due in Montego Bay Jamaica on November 18th and for her to follow he previous course across the Atlantic and into the Caribbean would mean she would be late. Of course she could make better time than she has in the past but this stopover in Barcelona poses some questions.

Well, the Crystal sailed from Barcelona this morning after having been moored there for several days. But rather than setting a course for Gibraltar, she appears to be headed north again.:confused:

Well, the Crystal sailed from Barcelona this morning after having been moored there for several days. But rather than setting a course for Gibraltar, she appears to be headed north again.:confused:

The ship has to be on some sort of tour, it's now tied up in Monaco, and I really don't think you'd be doing repairs there.

The ship has to be on some sort of tour, it's now tied up in Monaco, and I really don't think you'd be doing repairs there.

According to the locator the Crystal is currently at Marseille France having spent several days at Barcelona. The official European season itinerary ended September 30th. Her itinerary only then resumes on November 18th sailing from Montego Bay. We have to assume the open time between these dates was reserved for dry dock which I believe did occur, followed by the trans Atlantic sailing. Spending several days in port at Barcelona infers something other than a cruise. Then, rather than continuing Westward to Gibraltar for the Atlantic she sails Northeast to Marseille. All very mysterious. We continue to follow her course.

Well, she left Genoa this morning and is heading west again.

Yes, I see that. Not unlike watching a Pin-Ball machine in slow motion. But as I did received an e-mail from our favourite crew member this morning enquiring when we will again be aboard, I think the Crystal may now be on her way to Jamaica. We'll see... Should those who will be boarding her before our return be so interested, I hope they will be able to find out what the Mediterranean shuttle was all about and post the answer here on CC.

On the other hand....

Well, back to Barcelona again and once more moored just alongside the Circular Trade Centre building, which is most inappropriate for any possible if needed repair.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/Yarkerhill/BARCELONA.jpg

Where next is anyone's guess. Just hope they haven't forgotten they have a date to be in Jamaica on the 18th...

Edited by ONT-CA

Puff, puff, chug, chug, went the little white Crystal. I think I can - I think I can - I think I can, as she makes her way to the Strait of Gibraltar and out onto the Atlantic ocean, headed for Montego Bay and her date with Havana.

We're supposed to board her in Montego Bay on Nov 25th. Any clue as to her whereabouts now? :confused:

She has covered about one third of the crossing distance between the west coast of Africa and Jamaica. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, she should meet her November 14 Montego Bay sailing, thereby making your embarkation fine. On previous crossings she called at Barbados overnight but I don't think she can afford that this time around.

She has covered about one third of the crossing distance between the west coast of Africa and Jamaica. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, she should meet her November 14 Montego Bay sailing, thereby making your embarkation fine. On previous crossings she called at Barbados overnight but I don't think she can afford that this time around.

Thanks for the info ONT-CA.

We're thankful we're booked now. Trump has said he is going to close it back up when he takes office, which may mean no travel to Cuba again for Americans. :eek:

We're thankful we're booked now. Trump has said he is going to close it back up when he takes office, which may mean no travel to Cuba again for Americans. :eek:

That does seem strange. The one thing that Cuba could use most at the moment is a couple of Trump Hotels...

I wanted to add that I now realize that the positioning site for the Crystal was being shown as of three days ago so I wouldn't be surprised if she docks tomorrow.

Would you please provide a link to that information?

Would you please provide a link to that information?

I too was curious about this so went onto the net and found this:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article114076713.html

But as I understand it, it is more a question of "might" rather than "will". None the less, a Cuba Cruise now is worth two in 2020...:D

As in previous years, The Crystal is currently headed for Barbados and will be there tomorrow. So with her first 2016 sailing from Montego Bay scheduled for November 18th (not the 14th - my bad) there is no question that she will meet her itinerary.

As in previous years, The Crystal is currently headed for Barbados and will be there tomorrow. So with her first 2016 sailing from Montego Bay scheduled for November 18th (not the 14th - my bad) there is no question that she will meet her itinerary.

Thanks for the update ONT-CA! Now I just have to rethink all my packing plans since Legendary Journey booked us back from Montego Bay to Fort Lauderdale on SPIRIT, which charges for everything, including CARRY-ONS as well as the first checked bag. Luckily we have no problem going there, since we're on Carribean Air which allows first checked bag free (as well as carry-ons).