Goveners Beach

Yasou

There will be taxi's at the port to take you anywhere you want. The problem with Governors Beach is that not many go there due to no food facilities or vendors. They do have bathrooms and showers. It's very secluded. So, if you get a taxi to drop you off, you would have to tell them what time to come get you to return to the ship. Unless you are willing to walk back, which is doable but you will have to give yourself enough time.

I have a complete review in my signature line if you are interested in reading it. There's TONS of pictures included. But, we rented a golf cart right outside the port and went everywhere exploring on it and Governors just happens to be one of the places we went....and our favorite so far. :)

Thank you for the help. Mitsurgirly, always follow your reviews! You have been such a big help on all of our previous cruisers! Can't wait to see where your're going next!!

Christina

Thank you for the help. Mitsurgirly, always follow your reviews! You have been such a big help on all of our previous cruisers! Can't wait to see where your're going next!!

Christina

Well hello there fellow Ohioan! I'm glad I have been some help in the past and thank you for your compliments. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mitsugirly, I read your review. Could you tell me more about the Conch Grave yard? Is it the same directions as Jack's Schack?

What else would you like to know about Conch Grave yard? (As someone else posted, it's to the right as you are facing the beach and getting off the ship). :)

Are there chairs and umbrellas available at Governor's Beach? If so, how much?

Also, what's involved in renting a golf cart? I would feel better doing that going to the beach rather than hoping that a taxi driver remembers to pick us up at the beach at the end of day.

TIA

Are there chairs and umbrellas available at Governor's Beach? If so, how much?

Also, what's involved in renting a golf cart? I would feel better doing that going to the beach rather than hoping that a taxi driver remembers to pick us up at the beach at the end of day.

TIA

No chairs on anything. It's pretty much a deserted beach. No vendors, no food, no rentals of any kind. There's a bathroom, showers and water for sand on your feet.

Renting a golf cart is as simple as going online and renting with the vendor (make a reservation), then simply walking outside the port when you get there and pick it up for the day. Super easy. :)

• 4 weeks later...
In May, we paid $16 for 4 people to Governor's. We walked back to the ship afterwards.

When you walked back, did you use the road or were you able to cut back to the beach? Is it possible to walk down the beach from the pier and get to Governors Beach by cutting back to the road (maybe through Jack's Shack) and then to the beach?

It's a tad farther than I've ever been on the beach. :)

When you walked back, did you use the road or were you able to cut back to the beach? Is it possible to walk down the beach from the pier and get to Governors Beach by cutting back to the road (maybe through Jack's Shack) and then to the beach?

We didn't cut through jacks but we passed the entrance to jacks so I don't see why you couldn't. We walked the road all the back.

I would walk the beach and then cut through Jacks. It will save you time. Getting out to the road and then back down to the beach at Governors is not a short walk. Did it once ( never again )