Cabin 7108 on Marina

Lottie A

We are thinking about booking this cabin for a May 2017 cruise and have a hold on it for 48 hours.

It seems to be quite a favoured cabin, with a much larger balcony than other veranda cabins. My TA was amazed that it was still available as she said it is usually one of the first to be booked by "people in the know."

Any thoughts by people who have stayed in 7108 would be appreciated and pix even more so!

Many thanks.

Lottie.

Follow the blue line on the hull, just above the name of the ship, towards the right, it ends just under the veranda of 7008.

062327.jpg

As you can see, that veranda juts out from the width of the standard (i.e. non extended veranda cabins), and is therefore angled towards the stern of the ship.

144135.jpg

Edited by StanandJim

Thanks very much for that Stan&Jim, but I was actually asking about 7108 at the aft of the ship and not 7008 at the fore.

However from looking at your pic and the deck plans I can visualise 7108 ....should be reversed from 7008 with the veranda angled forward....yes? So we would have a double aspect, with a longer balcony? Looks good to me. My TA told me you can have two recliners as well as two chairs and a small table on the veranda.

110805.jpgSorry about that, I guess that the eyes are not what they used to be!

The Veranda which you are looking for may be seen just above the row of dining room windows which are behind, but on the same level as the lifeboats.

7109 would be the most forward of that group of verandas.

125403.jpg

Is it Lisbon to Rome?

We just booked 7008 a few days ago on that sailing, and 7108 was available as well. I was surprised.

If you put 7008 (or probably 7108) in the search feature on this board, you will be able to read about it.

I am excited to have it!

Yes it's the Lisbon to Rome cruise. Have to say that my TA was completely amazed that 7108 was still available. She said those extended verandah cabins are usually the first to sell on Marina or Riviera. We are both very lucky. I will do a search for 7108.

Thanks for the other pic Stan&Jim....the location makes perfect sense now.

I spent 34 days in 7108 the BEST cabin massive deck, fantastic vista, nothing , nothing , nothing wrong with it....the best view from any cabin with a veranda on the whole ship...even Penthouses

Thanks, Hawaiidan. When I booked this cabin and did a search on the boards to see what people had said about it, there were some negative comments regarding the open side of the balcony and being able to see into other balconies. I almost changed the room because of those comments, but my consultant at Oceania talked me out of changing the room. I think I will be glad I kept it.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but one must have a certain type of personality to enjoy those "end of the row" extended verandas, because in addition to providing a splendid view of the side of the ship, they bring an element of being "onstage" with them.

110805.jpg It's not for the fainthearted!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but one must have a certain type of personality to enjoy those "end of the row" extended verandas, because in addition to providing a splendid view of the side of the ship, they bring an element of being "onstage" with them.

110805.jpg It's not for the fainthearted!

Count me among the brave hearts. Booked it for a grand voyage mid-2017

Luckily we are not faint hearted! :D

I am guessing that there would be a less "visible to all" area nearer the cabin door entrance? As we only intend to read, chat and drink a glass or two of wine on our balcony it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

We have just confirmed the booking of 7108 on a May 1st 2017 cruise with our TA.

Looking forward to a great cruise and thanks for the help everyone. You convinced us!

Phillygirl63, hope you have a great cruise in August and please don't forget the feedback...will be very interested in your thoughts.

Luckily we are not faint hearted! :D

I am guessing that there would be a less "visible to all" area nearer the cabin door entrance? As we only intend to read, chat and drink a glass or two of wine on our balcony it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I think you will be fine. You do have an area close to door which has the panels that are between you and the next cabin forward. It's the next cabin forward that has the bigger problem - nowhere to hide if you decide to sit or stand forward.:eek:

You are the one that has both. You can hide or be on view if you choose:)

These are pictures of 7111- the other side- taken by cc member canuck.qc. She highly recommends these cabins.

78a2711eb59b26ea0a1e3542c9be9661.jpg

d0f0356ecb4d38f4e47636c5a9a130c5.jpg

Thanks for the pix. Looks like we have a much better vantage point than the other B3's which have the long walls on both sides. I'm not concerned about us being seen while out on the deck, but it does look like my neighbors' verandah is right there in full view from my railing, so I will try to extra mindful of that and hope that they do the same.

Thanks for the pix cruisingxpert. It certainly is a bigger balcony than the norm.

A little crowded with two sun loungers, two chairs and a table though. We might just ask for one sun lounger and the two chairs.

Hi Lottie

I highly recommend the cabin. As you can see we had loungers.

We asked for the loungers the day we boarded and spent many days napping in private. No one can see you when positioned closer to the doors.

You are lucky the cabin is available.

You won't regret your choice.

Bon Voyage

L

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We have just confirmed the booking of 7108 on a May 1st 2017 cruise with our TA.

Looking forward to a great cruise and thanks for the help everyone. You convinced us!

Phillygirl63, hope you have a great cruise in August and please don't forget the feedback...will be very interested in your thoughts.

As promised, here I am with my thoughts on Marina 7108. The balcony area is huge. Because of the way the side walls are (one long wall on the left and one short wall on the right), the views are spectacular even from inside the room.

The only downside is that you can see into many balconies if you stand at the end of the deck. I must admit that it was a little uncomfortable to be out there when the people in the cabin next to me were on their deck. I would not choose that room that shared the short wall with my balcony as I could see directly into their room if I wanted.

We had no noise from the crew's stairwell across the hall, which was the topic of some discussion on other threads.

My DH had to mess around with adjusting the shower head in the tub so that it didn't spray water all over the floor. We didn't have that much of a problem when we were in 8000 last year.

Other than that, the room was great, and I would book it again.

We have had this cabin and loved it. Yes, we could see the neighbors but they behaved and so did we. We invited our traveling companions to our balcony several times for our own happy hour during sail aways. An added bonus was meeting new friends and having then shout down to us in the afternoons. They got a HH invitation as well! There is lots of room on that balcony!

Now a question. If my feeble mind has not failed me entirely, I think I recall that the late Don Horner and his Betsy had this cabin for Marina's maiden voyage. It seems that Don posted that he signed the bottom of the desk drawer. Can anyone confirm my recollection? We all miss him. What a kind spirit.