O Life House Select Beverage Package Question

san diego spartan

I know there are is a couple of other threads on this when I did a search, but just want to make sure I have the most current information on this.

We are choosing the House Beverage Package as our "free" option. I understand that it is for wine, champagne and beer at lunch and dinner.

Question: Is there a limit on the price of the wine or beer? I didn't see that in the fine print, but wanted to make sure.

Now my other question: Upgrading to the Prestige Select Beverage Package:

I believe that I can do this correct?

If so - how do I go about doing this?

Once on board where would I go to do this?

Thanks!

Is there a limit on the price of the wine or beer? I didn't see that in the fine print, but wanted to make sure.

The selection for both packages is the same, i.e. you may order any wine or beer which appears on the Bar Menu. The House Package carries the further restriction that you will only be served during a luncheon or dinner meal.

Now my other question: Upgrading to the Prestige Select Beverage Package:

I believe that I can do this correct?

If so - how do I go about doing this?

Once on board where would I go to do this?

The front desk handles this. You'd need to bring your World Card with you, in order to have it replaced/ upgraded.

• 5 weeks later...
And at lunch or dinner can it be any wine from the wine list?

You are limited to only the wine by the glass selections on the bar menu There are about 12 sparkling, white and red . They are not bad wines but not premier cru . ( thats a overall total of about 12 not 12 in each type)

You can order bottles off the fine list however, they will NOT be covered by the package. and you will pay full price

Neither will after dinner specialty ports, sherries and liquors like benedictine or Drambuie.

Seriously for an additional $20 pp you can really properly enjoy the full range of top shelf liquors like Kettel one Grey Goose, Hendricks, Bombay Saphire as well as a full range of excellent liquors.

Edited by Hawaiidan

Beverage package:Will the poor butler get glasses of wine for us when we have room service dinner?

Yes Jane.... When your dining in the room, I strongly suggest that to make the evening flow smoothly and to make the dining experience more enjoyable I would , on those nights, order a bottle for convenience.

Not sure your cabin type but I will say dining in a cabin smaller than a Penthouse is akin to eating in a phone booth... not much room

Yes Jane.... When your dining in the room, I strongly suggest that to make the evening flow smoothly and to make the dining experience more enjoyable I would , on those nights, order a bottle for convenience.

Not sure your cabin type but I will say dining in a cabin smaller than a Penthouse is akin to eating in a phone booth... not much room

Thank you.We aim to get the premium package and my husband has just suprised with me with a cabin upgrade to penthouse as he was offered a last minute deal.we sail on Wednesday on our first Oceania ship.A bottle of wine does actually sound the best choice.Cant wait!

Is it possible to upgrade the package before boarding or online?

Would like to avoid the first day lines and start with a good glass of Champagne...

As I used OBC to upgrade with I'm not sure. But the lines really aren't long.

Check with your TA or Oceania if you booked directly with them.

Hi - look forward to reading the replies on this as wondering what to do about OBC/drinks package. We have $600 OBC - could have had the basic drinks package but assume we would both have had to have it and my husband doesn't drink alcohol. Hoping it will be possible for me to purchase a drinks package with the OBC when on board and guess it is better to go for the Premium one as then one can have a drink before or after dinner as well as with. :) Or I could just buy drinks with the OBC. We also plan to pay gratuities out of it.

It covers wine and beer only while your eating at a table in any of the food serving places from Waves to Polo.

It is time sensitive in that its only for a limited time while your eating. Thus it is NOT permitted to come into a restaurant the second the open and sit drinking wine or beer till they close.... That is not permitted and they will stop serving you after your finished or a reasonable time.

The waiters know it is time sensitive and will not be refilling your glass with speed, you will get slow paced service and when your plate is about empty your glass wont be refilled...

You must get the prem package to have fast friendly service....thats reality because time is of no factor...and there are no limits with the premium

Just a word to the wise...you can sit for hours drinking on the basic.

Interestingly,we were told by a very good barman in Martinis,that full package gets champagne in their champagne cocktails and others get sparkling wine!!

We had mixed feelings on the drinks package..we had the basic beverage package included and up graded with our obc to the premium one..One advantage was,if we didn't like the cocktail served,we could just leave it and try another or go elsewhere.Different barman make cocktails differently and the Mai Tai and the Pisco sours varied considerably with different servers.

But as all non alcoholic drinks are free anyway and being able to consume your own alcohol in your cabin and at dinner (for a fee),I doubt we would bother to upgrade on a longer cruise.

We typically always get the premium package. We are not the kind of cruisers that just sit in our cabins and drink by ourselves, away from the other cruisers. Some people are, and that's Ok, just like some cruisers insist on never sharing a table, anytime, anywhere on a cruise. Some cruiser race to their cabins immediately after dinner, never to be seen until the next day, while others of us may go to Martinis or Horizons for a night cap, or pick up a drink to take to the evening entertainment. A percentage of cruisers go most frequently to the Terrace because it allows them to eat an entire meal in 30 minutes, or less, and be gone, in lieu of the more leisurely pace at the other dining options. One drink, at most, is as long as they are in their seats for. One has to determine their own lifestyle and then what is best option for them.

Another factor that comes into play, for us, is "days at sea". Our next cruise is 20 days with 6 at sea days. It wouldn't be difficult to drink the difference in package costs in those six days. Actually, it would be quite simple to do so.

with the basic package your on the clock and they wont let you dog your meal time.. you will get 1 maybe 2 glasses and its good bye to you. charlie..... your cut off.

The prem has no time limit nor liquor limit

As pintlover said you can crank up a pretty large bar tab on sea days... I have seen $150+ pp for modest drinkers... no joke. you would be surprised if you dont have the Prem package...

These packages can be purchased at any time during the cruise...so do a test of your realistic behavior... most folks drink much more on a cruise than at home...... much more.

• 1 year later...
Yes just buy it the 2nd day you are onboard

Or you can buy is on the 3rd, the 4th the 5th or the 6th.... any day but the last, or so That has been my experience They dont tell you that but insinuate they that you must hurry and buy it NOW..Hurry.. cant last for ever and so on. Sales 101

But as all non alcoholic drinks are free anyway and being able to consume your own alcohol in your cabin and at dinner (for a fee),I doubt we would bother to upgrade on a longer cruise.

Just to clarify for those reading this and do not know, you can indeed "consume your own alcohol in your cabin" but at dinner, assuming that is taken outside of the stateroom, only wine is allowed to be taken into dining rooms where there is a corkage fee. Other alcohol is not allowed.

Re the Premium Package, I was informed last night in the Polo Grill by the sommelier that with the Premium package I got a 15% discount on the bottles of wine. Not sure if he said that was just in the Specialty venues or whether it applies to the GDR as well. Will check later

Cheers

Michael

Edited by hillsprint