All Great Things Must Come to an End...

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I have some bittersweet and very exciting news to share with our wonderful Oceania Community. I will be leaving Cruise Critic in 2 weeks. My final day as “Host Andy” will be on August 31st.

It’s bittersweet to be leaving. I’ve lost track of exactly how many years I’ve been on the forums. However, it's safe to say 2 things : it's been a *long* time, and, I’ve absolutely loved my time at Cruise Critic. I have incredible admiration for our members, for helping others, and for the endless wealth of information that Cruise Critic offers.

Now, for the exciting news… Recently, an incredible Social Media opportunity was offered to me, within the Cruise Industry, bringing a new chapter of passion and adventure to my life. It’s something I’ve always dreamed of doing. Wish I could share all the details today… but there will be a Press Release forthcoming, which will make everything perfectly clear. I will say this much… in my new role, which begins on September 1st, I will participate significantly on one Cruise Critic forum, and will maintain an additional member name, to participate in discussions on other forums. The bottom line - I will continue to be around, though not in a Cruise Critic capacity.

I’d like to say Thank You, to our Community Manager, Laura Sterling, and our support team - Jennifer, Cecilia & Michell, for always being there for the Hosts. We appreciate everything you do for us. Last but not least, I’d like to say a huge Thank You, to our entire Cruise Critic Community for all of your support and kindness over the years. You are what kept my passion strong ! In the forthcoming Press Release, I’m expecting an email address to be provided, so we’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch.

As mentioned earlier, I will continue as “Host Andy” for another two weeks, so let’s have a great time ! I plan to share additional thoughts as it gets closer to August 31st.

Thank you for being a cherished part of my life, and for the honor & privilege of being Your Host. You will be missed more than you can ever imagine.

Sincerely,

Andy

Edited by Host Andy

Hey Andy, good luck! Is there going to be a shuffling of hosts among the premium/luxury boards?

Hi Wendy,

I'd suspect another Host coming to this forum around 9/1/16. Can't speak for the other forums, as that's not my call. All I can say is, please stay tuned :)