laptop

kimbo1

I always bring mine. It is a 13" macbook and fits in the safe just fine. (I download my pics to it each night) I also load up a movie or two for my flight and it gives me internet access at the airports (I have free wifi in the AA and UA lounges) and hotels.

I always bring mine. It is a 13" macbook and fits in the safe just fine. (I download my pics to it each night) I also load up a movie or two for my flight and it gives me internet access at the airports (I have free wifi in the AA and UA lounges) and hotels.

Another tip for your photos. Do a double download every night, one to your laptop and one to a usb (thumb) drive. That way no matter what happens you should be covered backup wise. (I use a dedicated 32 Gb backup and create a notepad file that has my contact info in case the drive gets lost.)

That way you have the original SD card in the camera, the PC hard drive backup and the thumb drive backup.

I will be brining my tablet. OP, it's entirely up to you if you bring it or not. Many people do and you'll also hear from others who say they would never bring one. If you have never sailed with RCL before it may be helpful to you to go over to the RCL forums and inquire about their internet package prices as I am sure the people over there will be happy to help you with that question. That being said, ship's wifi is never cheap. But I know this day and age many people don't want to go without internet completely. Which is why I'm bringing my Ipad. For me, the laptop is just too bulk!

Another tip for your photos. Do a double download every night, one to your laptop and one to a usb (thumb) drive. That way no matter what happens you should be covered backup wise. (I use a dedicated 32 Gb backup and create a notepad file that has my contact info in case the drive gets lost.)

That way you have the original SD card in the camera, the PC hard drive backup and the thumb drive backup.

No. I dump everything into lightroom then reformat my sd card. Every few days I will go through and delete the crap shots. I have a 1tb external hd that I will back up my decent shots to about once a week/month. Having 2-3 backups of every shot is a waste of time and space in my opinion.

No. I dump everything into lightroom then reformat my sd card. Every few days I will go through and delete the crap shots. I have a 1tb external hd that I will back up my decent shots to about once a week/month. Having 2-3 backups of every shot is a waste of time and space in my opinion.

I carry 2 64 GIG flash drives with me. Takes me maybe 10 minutes total to back up the tablet to both flash drives.

DON

• 4 weeks later...

I always bring my laptop.

I usually take 2,000 to 3,000 pictures, so I download them to my laptop a couple times during the cruise, and I go through them, delete bad ones, organize them, photoshop some, etc.

I also like to connect to the internet and check things out.

Matter of personal choice.

should i carry my laptop with me or leave it home would at least like to bring to use pre cruise at hotel but dont know if i can use on ship or if internet pkgs are worth it

It depends on why you want to bring it. If just for Internet surfing and email, you can use the ship board computers. If for storing photographs, emailing photographs, or playing games, then yes, bring it.