Bermuda Buses

CTKaren

This is the first time I have cruised to Bermuda since 1987! I remember at the time getting a recommendation of taking the bus from one end of the island to the other as a way to see Bermuda. We did this and we liked it.

Now I would like to do that again but the maps seem confusing. We will be at Kings Wharf and I know I will be taking bus #7 to Hamilton. What bus do we take from there?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

In addition to the #7 you have the option of taking the #8 bus from Dockyard to Hamilton.

So, the entire trip is #7 or #8 to the Hamilton bus depot, then the #1, 3, 10 or 11 from there to St. George's. Note that not all of the #1 or 3 departures go all the way to St. George's. Some go only as far as Grotto Bay.

Here's the complete schedule:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_20064_959_235551_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/department_of_public_transportation_2014/downloads/bus_schedule_april_2015.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

njhorseman, you've been so helpful, but I have a few more questions.

1. I was planning on purchasing a book of transportation tickets while I was in St. George on Sunday (doing a private tour). Do you know if this is going to be possible? Will the venue where you purchase the tickets be open?

2. For my exploring on Monday, when I leave the Swizzle Inn to travel to the BAMZ, can I get a bus directly there, or do I need to change buses. I have tried to look at the bus route map, but as has been noted, it is very confusing.

Thanks again for all of your help. I'm trying to plan as much in advance as possible, to make the most of my time in Bermuda.

njhorseman, you've been so helpful, but I have a few more questions.

1. I was planning on purchasing a book of transportation tickets while I was in St. George on Sunday (doing a private tour). Do you know if this is going to be possible? Will the venue where you purchase the tickets be open?

2. For my exploring on Monday, when I leave the Swizzle Inn to travel to the BAMZ, can I get a bus directly there, or do I need to change buses. I have tried to look at the bus route map, but as has been noted, it is very confusing.

Thanks again for all of your help. I'm trying to plan as much in advance as possible, to make the most of my time in Bermuda.

You're not going to be able to buy a ticket book in St. George's on Sunday. Both the post office and Visitors Information Center will be closed...and I'm not sure that the VIC in St. George's sells ticket books anyway.

Assuming you're asking about the original Swizzle Inn you can take a #10 or #11 bus from there to BAMZ. If you're coming from the South Shore Swizzle Inn you need to take a #7 bus to the Hamilton bus terminal and then a #10 or #11 to BAMZ.

PS: Is your private tour also going to Hamilton? You can buy ticket books at the main bus terminal in Hamilton on Sunday. It's open until 5:30 on Sunday.

Edited by njhorseman

So my best bet is to take 7 or 8 to Hamilton and 10 or 11 from there.

The Swizzle Inn in Warwick, is there a bus stop near it?

To get from Dockyard to St. George's by bus take the #7 or 8 to Hamilton, then #1, 3, 10 or 11 to St. George's.

The #7 will take you to the South Shore (Warwick) Swizzle Inn.

#1, 3, 10 and 11 will take you to the original Swizzle Inn.

You're not going to be able to buy a ticket book in St. George's on Sunday. Both the post office and Visitors Information Center will be closed...and I'm not sure that the VIC in St. George's sells ticket books anyway.

Assuming you're asking about the original Swizzle Inn you can take a #10 or #11 bus from there to BAMZ. If you're coming from the South Shore Swizzle Inn you need to take a #7 bus to the Hamilton bus terminal and then a #10 or #11 to BAMZ.

PS: Is your private tour also going to Hamilton? You can buy ticket books at the main bus terminal in Hamilton on Sunday. It's open until 5:30 on Sunday.

Thanks, I'm not sure if the original plan was to go to Hamilton, but it will now :) I'm sure our tour guide will be more than happy to accommodate me.