Private Jeep Tour for one

MattInFLL

I searched and could not find info on this - but has anyone done a private jeep tour for one person through the .net cozumel cruise excursions. I have sent them an email to ask about price, but there are lots of reports here of them not having great communication.

My friends are staying on board and while I have been to Cozumel many times wanted to give this a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back to report. I paid the same rate as a couple ($138). You meet right outside the International Pier (Royal Caribbean) in the sports store almost directly across the street. It's probably a 5 min walk from the Carnival Pier.

They didn't know quite what to do with me as a single traveler but after a call to the main office they sorted it out.

Anyway, Sergio was my guide and the taxi unions make you drive the jeep in or out of the city. You must be able to drive a stick! I love manual trannies so no problem for me. I hear with advance planning you can get an automatic. The jeeps can be a little old but it was fine.

Although it's customizable, they have some set stops pre-planned if you're not sure exactly what to do, that involve tequila tasting, snorkeling, beach time, the east side, a ruin, lunch etc. They have a cooler bag of beer and water in the jeep.

Since I've been to Cozumel so often there were only a few things I wanted to do, so I opted to customize. I always want to drive to the east side. I also wanted to see the lighthouse at Punta Sur and do the chocolate tour. I really liked the chocolate tour. For some reason I never knew the Mayans were so responsible for the development of chocolate. If you do the chocolate tour, it's an extra $15 entry fee and it takes 45 minutes so you will sacrifice something else.

I enjoyed seeing Punta Sur but opted out of climbing the 134 steps of the lighthouse.

We finished at a west side beach side restaurant for the included lunch. I had chicken quesadilla and it was tasty. I had a good day with Sergio and would recommend him. He's fun and informative and I definitely threw him out of his comfort zone as his very first single guest (as opposed to a couple of family or group).