Tender concerns

Indytraveler83

Hello,

I just booked a private tour with NativeWay and they have been extremely helpful so far. But I'm a little worried about the timing.

Our ship (Carnival Dream) is scheduled to arrive in port at 7 am. Native way said our tour begins with transportation from the pier at 8 am Central time (it seems the Dream typically stays on central time). So we have 1 hour and 15 minutes to get off the ship.

This year in Belize it took us that long, and we had a Carnival sponsored tour. Are the tenders quicker in Grand Cayman? Have I overlooked something? Or is this too tight?

You are traveling in January? You will be using Central Standard Time. Grand Cayman is actually on EST (Eastern Standard Time) and does not use Daylight Savings.

In essence 7:00 on the ship will be 8:00 on the pier. I would certainly double check with Native Way about the departure time.

As far as tenders in GC you will not have the distance to cover getting to the port from the ship. It's a relatively short ride.

You may also want to consider the Faster to the Fun pass. It's $60 but only one in the cabin needs to pay for it. You get priority tendering with that. Along with other perks that a generally for Platinum and Diamond members.

Click Here for a link that explains more about that.

Charlie

We were there last month on the breeze. We were told to be at ocean plaza for tendering at 7:15 for 8:00 arrival. There were maybe 35 of us led down to the second tender. We were off in no time. It's such a short distance , not like Belize which is a long ways.

Edited by kona_wahine

Hello,

I just booked a private tour with NativeWay and they have been extremely helpful so far. But I'm a little worried about the timing.

Our ship (Carnival Dream) is scheduled to arrive in port at 7 am. Native way said our tour begins with transportation from the pier at 8 am Central time (it seems the Dream typically stays on central time). So we have 1 hour and 15 minutes to get off the ship.

This year in Belize it took us that long, and we had a Carnival sponsored tour. Are the tenders quicker in Grand Cayman? Have I overlooked something? Or is this too tight?

If Sharon from NativeWay tells you that you have time to make the tour then you definitely will.

If you are going on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour it usually is scheduled for 9:00am EST (8:00am CST) and you should have plenty of time.

Just double check with her and she will clarify the times.

If Sharon from NativeWay tells you that you have time to make the tour then you definitely will.

If you are going on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour it usually is scheduled for 9:00am EST (8:00am CST) and you should have plenty of time.

Just double check with her and she will clarify the times.

It is Sharon we have been working with. This is a private charter, not the public tour. She said "8:15 am central time" in the reservation confirmation.

It is Sharon we have been working with. This is a private charter, not the public tour. She said "8:15 am central time" in the reservation confirmation.

Sounds like she's using ship time which means that you have an hour and 15 minutes to get to the pier. Shouldn't be a problem.

Again FTTF might make you feel more confident.

Charlie

You'll be fine. If it is a private charter then doesn't it really start when you all get there? :)

You'll be fine. If it is a private charter then doesn't it really start when you all get there? :)

Now that I'm thinking about it, we are probably taking the same transportation to their facility as the public tour, which makes me more comfortable as they will have to wait until a good number of people have gotten off our ship to depart.

Wanted to thank you NightOne for the advice, you are the one that lead me to NativeWay in the first place, they are the only reputable place I could manage a private charter for a reasonable fee. Everyone else either won't do it, or wants $1500 or more. Their 5 hour private tour is $650, which is very reasonable for a 6 person trip, and a wonderful treat for a very rare family vacation.

Now that I'm thinking about it, we are probably taking the same transportation to their facility as the public tour, which makes me more comfortable as they will have to wait until a good number of people have gotten off our ship to depart.

Wanted to thank you NightOne for the advice, you are the one that lead me to NativeWay in the first place, they are the only reputable place I could manage a private charter for a reasonable fee. Everyone else either won't do it, or wants $1500 or more. Their 5 hour private tour is $650, which is very reasonable for a 6 person trip, and a wonderful treat for a very rare family vacation.

Glad to help and hope you have a wonderful time.

Funny thing is that on the date of my next port stop in Grand Cayman all of NativeWay's boats were already booked up with a large company charter that day and I had to book with Stingray Sailing as a result. (Sharon recommended them) :)

Glad to help and hope you have a wonderful time.

Funny thing is that on the date of my next port stop in Grand Cayman all of NativeWay's boats were already booked up with a large company charter that day and I had to book with Stingray Sailing as a result. (Sharon recommended them) :)

Stingray was the only other place that offers a reasonable rate on private charters, but when I contacted them, they said that their boats are all already reserved for public tours. So I had the exact opposite!

ask the tour folks

will you leave without me and take my money?

I mean ... let us approach this issue up front!

the tour folks understand this time issue WAY better than you do .....

if they suggest not ... they are messing with you

THEY KNOW what time every ship arrives

and they KNOW the average 'tender time' for you to get to shore

If they don't ... don't book em as they either are new or lie

• 2 weeks later...
Just to put your mind at ease (visually) about the tendering...

I am standing at the tender dock when I took this picture...it's that close!

PC190018-M.jpg

Yes, I recorded the journey and took just about three minutes.

Edited by ncovert