Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

From the RCI website Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

Many have posted on the main boards below that they had no problem taking water/soda on board.

Patti, I looked at the list on the link you provided and the internet benefit seems out of date. Do you know the dollar amounts of the current internet C&A benefit? On our last cruise we each had an $80 coupon on our Sea Pass as Diamond Plus that we applied to the $20 per day charge. We didn't buy a package - just did it day by day and each day $20 was deducted from the "coupon". Friends are asking about the Diamond benefit amount. Nothing I can find is updated.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy Dog

We always bring a six or twelve pack of soda in our carryon luggage.

Our soda has never been taken away.

We sail out of Port of Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale).

Royal Caribbean also allows you to take two bottle of wine in your carry on also.

Wishing you a good cruise...

Dorothy

Is this right?? " bottles of wine would see me through a week's cruise and really save my DH a heart attack on getting the bill at the end!

Is this right?? " bottles of wine would see me through a week's cruise and really save my DH a heart attack on getting the bill at the end!

2 750ml bottles of wine per cabin are allowed to be brought on board on embarkation day only. You can also take it to the dining room with no corkage fee which was discontinued sometime last year.

From the RCI website regarding Corkage Fee:

Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee?

A: No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you cruisenfever, We are so close to booking our first real cruise but it's all so confusing, what's included, what isn't, the best cabin for our budget, my head's reeling!! Is desalinated water that bad?? :eek:

Edited by Fionat29

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you cruisenfever, We are so close to booking our first real cruise but it's all so confusing, what's included, what isn't, the best cabin for our budget, my head's reeling!! Is desalinated water that bad?? :eek:

I certainly don't taste any saltiness with the water, but if I drink too much ship water, and especially eat their soups (which are very tasty), I will gain a lot of fluid. I am not a big person and have no fluid issues at home, but my first 3 or 4 days on the ship can be quite challenging. First few times it happened I became quite alarmed, now it is just to be expected. Watch what you eat and drink onboard. Also, don't hesitate to request a low sodium diet if needed.

We are so close to booking our first real cruise but it's all so confusing, what's included, what isn't, the best cabin for our budget, my head's reeling!! Is desalinated water that bad?? :eek:

Meals are included, drink isn't (apart from water & juice in the self serve restaurant). Lifts on ships are very slow so we always pick a cabin one deck away from the main entertainment deck so we've only got 1 flight of stairs. If the ship has a launderette and you plan on using it it's best to get a cabin close to it - or at least on the same deck. Midships is best so that you don't have to traipse the full length of the ship to get anywhere. If you plan on spending time in your cabin (we don't) then get the best you can afford, otherwise an 'obstructed view' (usually a lifeboat outside your window ) is fine. If you get a drinks package order your wine by the glass in the restaurant, not by the bottle - that way its included in the package price. Sightseeing tours etc are usually about half the ship's price if you organise them yourself. There are usually plenty of providers at the wharf - or use the internet to book before you sail. Hope this helps.

cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I dont get why you can bring wine & champagne on board, but not soda & water???? What are my chances of bringing it in San Juan onboard Adventure?

I didn't bring any wine on board when we first boarded but when we were at St Martin I bought a 4 pack of mini bottles assuming (wrongly, as it turns out) that it'd be OK but they got taken to the naughty room. I did get them back in time to drink some on the Saturday evening and I packed the rest. It seemed weird to me.:confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Quick question : my wife and I both purchased a drink package. Could I go to a bar with her card and mine, and pick up 2 drinks (or for each of us) or do we need to physically both be there to order?

Yes you can go with the 2 cards and get 2 drinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RE: Quick question : my wife and I both purchased a drink package. Could I go to a bar with her card and mine, and pick up 2 drinks (or for each of us) or do we need to physically both be there to order?

If RC are like Princess you can't order bottles of wine in the restaurant from off your package, you have to pay for them, so what you do is order your wine by the glass when in the restaurant and that way they are included in your package.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
RE: Quick question : my wife and I both purchased a drink package. Could I go to a bar with her card and mine, and pick up 2 drinks (or for each of us) or do we need to physically both be there to order?

If RC are like Princess you can't order bottles of wine in the restaurant from off your package, you have to pay for them, so what you do is order your wine by the glass when in the restaurant and that way they are included in your package.

cheers

We were able to do this. As long as we had both cards we could get 2 drinks.

I'm pretty sure its the same on Royal as with Princess about the wine. I can't remember.

Can you still pick up sea sickness meds at the pursers desk?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

YES! unfortunately, i can attest to this. last month, we were on majesty of the seas when we encountered some extra rough seas. :eek: the purser's desk was able to provide meclizine and saved me from what i was convinced was imminent doom. :rolleyes:

funny side note: a very nice bartender, who we had been talking to most of the trip, smuggled me a can of ginger ale and a cup of ice to help (bless her). she told me not to tell anyone or she might get in trouble lol.

• 2 weeks later...

It is important to visit the RC website to check on the status of your RC sailing as the Cruise Line has the right to charter your cruise.

Notification from RC that your sailing is a charter can take more than a month after a sailing appears as "sold out" or is removed from inventory entirely.

Does anyone know if I purchase the non alcoholic refreshment package, and I decide to get an alcoholic drink if they would only charge me for only the alcohol in the drink since I prepaid for the non alcohol portion.

As I think I'd get use of the refreshment package but I don't drink too much.