The Spirit moves us again on the April 11 Transatlantic FTL to Barcelona

spinnaker2

The spirit from the hill above the harbor Horta. An early hydrangea, they don't really bloom until next month. They are invasive and everywhere. Horta is known as the blue island because of the hydrangeas which are blue here. This one didn't get the memo.

UKCruiseJeff: A cornucopia of communication conundrums to confuse those with an excess of conviction' date=' confine and sometimes confound and if etiquette is contravened then contritivate. I made that word up. [/quote']

bsrkent: Ain't the internet a great form of communication!

YES!! Really appreciate these added pictures from Spins. Keep 'em coming!! Want to see lots more. Never get enough good "eye-candy".

Agree with bsrkent that the Internet can be an amazing form or communications. BUT' date=' Jeff is both cute with his amazing alliteration for [i']"cornucopia of communication conundrums"[/i], etc., . . . and . . . in noting that there are challenges happening for how the Internet can be abused and over-used in a sloppy manner. Then with ALL of that information, opinions and resources through the Internet, how do we manage that giant "fire hose" of news, info items, viewpoints, etc.??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 141,180 views for this posting.

Having difficulty with photos uploading.

Yesterday in Malaga we went to Mijas.

Extremely tourist ridden.

While the views were lovely, it was hard to to get a clean shot of anything without someone walking in front of the camera.

The weather was extraordinarily lovely. We were able to eat outside at La Terrazza and last night at the Grill was also warm for awhile.

Saw a number of corporate types onboard. Recognized a few. Apparently a head honcho meeting aboard to fact gather and strategize.

Some officers families aboard and Captains lovely wife and his children too.

Today it's chilly again, about 64F. Doesn't seem to stop the sun bathers. It's quite a contrast to see some dressed in jackets and wrapped in blankets with others showing lots of epidermis.

Jorge will be getting off and Damien coming aboard.

The last day for many of the pax. Last day is always bittersweet.

We are lucky and will continue on to Rome.

Having difficulty with photos uploading. Yesterday in Malaga we went to Mijas. Extremely tourist ridden.

While the views were lovely, it was hard to to get a clean shot of anything without someone walking in front of the camera.

The weather was extraordinarily lovely. We were able to eat outside at La Terrazza and last night at the Grill was also warm for awhile.

Saw a number of corporate types onboard. Recognized a few. Apparently a head honcho meeting aboard to fact gather and strategize.

Some officers families aboard and Captains lovely wife and his children too.

Today it's chilly again, about 64F. Doesn't seem to stop the sun bathers. It's quite a contrast to see some dressed in jackets and wrapped in blankets with others showing lots of epidermis.

Jorge will be getting off and Damien coming aboard. The last day for many of the pax. Last day is always bittersweet. We are lucky and will continue on to Rome.

Appreciate your good update. Shoot me via e-mail a few of your wonderful visuals and I am happy to upload and post. Keep feeding us the details and insights!! Plus, lots of "eye-candy"!!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 197,434 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Is the Captain Zanello?

The fact finding of the corporate suits should be interesting especially if they talk to any of the passengers!

Enjoy your mini-cruise. We leave Paris tomorrow en route to Nice and are excited about visiting the ship on Friday.

See you soon.

Thanks for the great photos!

We have arrived in Barcelona.

We are sequestered in our cabin, as we are being moved to another. We await the all clear to move.

It's chilly outside.

Lots of activity outside our suite.

Captain is mino pontillo.

image_zps31zhx4uj.jpeg

The lake inside the caldera. There is a system to drain it when it gets too high as people live and farm inside the caldera.

The lake was quite high when we visited. We drove in jeeps along the rim, very top of the caldera on a small road which dropped precipitously on both sides.

We then drove down into the caldera to see the lakes, the blue and the green one.

It's quite beautiful.

image_zps1fuz6bzb.jpeg

Abandoned house, in the caldera.

Sao Miguel.

Appreciate these latest pictures from Spins. Very good and interesting!!

As I understand from my smart and informed sources, the Internet uploads from the ship have been very, very slow, even when many people are off of the ship. On our South Africa trip on the Silver Cloud earlier this year, there were major Internet problems. I bugged the staff, pushed and they did more checking to discover that the "settings" were not done correctly by their supplier. That solved the problem and improved performance significantly. Don't know the technology issues/questions on the Spirit, but keep sharing these nice pictures. It's fun to follow along during this "adventure". Understand your challenges and frustrations when the Internet connections are working that well.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 59,299 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

hi Candie!

I am now registered to make comments on forums here, so I wanted to tell you how much fun Jim and I had getting to know you and playing our highly competitive Trivia games together with you and the gang.

Your pics are beautiful. It's amazing how you can begin to forget what a great photo looks like, after being so used to one's mediocre cell phone photos of memories!

Lynn