La Cabana

123kitties

I'd say that the possibility of you getting a palapa at La Cabana is slim to none. La Cabana is a timeshare resort. The people who stay there come the same weeks,year after year. They know that they need to get to the beach around 5am to claim their palapa, and they do it. La Cabana is a very large resort. None of the resorts have enough palapas for all of their guests. In this case, if you snooze, you lose. We play the palapa games on every visit. It is not unusual for my husband to head down to the beach at 4am to get his favorite spot. Occasionally, there may be one on a back row open later on, but don't plan on it. However, there is a vendor in the area that rents chairs and umbrellas. If he is full, walk up the beach towards the ship, and you will find another vendor. You should be fine with getting chairs and an umbrella.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our 1st stay at La Cabana last Monday. We went to Eagle Beach every day but never even tried to get a palapa. It did not deter us from our beach time because the vast majority was spent in the ocean. We also spent time around the pool. Our only regret was staying only a week next time we plan to stay a couple weeks. I agree with the comment about many people have been coming to La Cabana for years...some 20 years. We will definitely stay there again.

We just got back from our 1st stay at La Cabana last Monday. We went to Eagle Beach every day but never even tried to get a palapa. It did not deter us from our beach time because the vast majority was spent in the ocean. We also spent time around the pool. Our only regret was staying only a week next time we plan to stay a couple weeks. I agree with the comment about many people have been coming to La Cabana for years...some 20 years. We will definitely stay there again.

I remember talking to you about your upcoming trip to La Cabana before you left. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I totally agree, one week in Aruba is not enough. We stay at least two weeks there each visit. This year, we stayed for three weeks.

I remember talking to you about your upcoming trip to La Cabana before you left. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I totally agree, one week in Aruba is not enough. We stay at least two weeks there each visit. This year, we stayed for three weeks.

I learned that Bluegreen Vacations does not own La Cabana. We did meet some fellow Bluegreen owners. We also talked to a couple from the St. Louis area that come to snorkel several times a year. They told us they stay at Holiday Inn and snorkel at Boca Catalina and told us it is the best place to snorkel on the island. We will give it a try next time as they only time we snorkeled was at Baby Beach on the only excursion with the Jeeps with ABC where they took us to Baby Beach. Next time we know that we can use the gas grills at La Cabana after purchasing food at Super Foods.

• 3 weeks later...
I learned that Bluegreen Vacations does not own La Cabana. We did meet some fellow Bluegreen owners. We also talked to a couple from the St. Louis area that come to snorkel several times a year. They told us they stay at Holiday Inn and snorkel at Boca Catalina and told us it is the best place to snorkel on the island. We will give it a try next time as they only time we snorkeled was at Baby Beach on the only excursion with the Jeeps with ABC where they took us to Baby Beach. Next time we know that we can use the gas grills at La Cabana after purchasing food at Super Foods.

Bluegreen does not own La Cabana.

After the Resort had been around for 25 years, Bluegreen stepped in and purchased whatever Timeshare units remained unsold.

Since then, Bluegreen members have fallen in love with La Cabana, and for that reason, they are buying every unit that they can get their hands on.

Because the majority of Timeshares at La Cabana are individually owned, Bluegreen is probably the largest single owner, but they only have a tiny fraction of the inventory.

Edited by StanandJim