Staying at Milano Hotel before cruise , walk to pier?

NEMMRRC

Howdy.

We are staying at Milano Hotel in Old San Juan prior to our cruise coming up. Can we walk with our luggage to the cruise pier from the hotel?

I mean if we have one large suitcase with rollers, and the rest is carry-on luggage should we walk to pier with our bags in tow?

Call me cheap but why pay for a taxi when o cN walk there (.4 mile according to online map)...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will have no problem walking to the pier. It's all downhill and almost all sidewalks and cobblestone streets have been redone in that area. Head left when you exit the hotel and turn down into Calle Tanca. That will lead you right down to the pier. Once there, head left again for the cruise terminals. Less than 10 minutes.

You will have no problem walking to the pier. It's all downhill and almost all sidewalks and cobblestone streets have been redone in that area. Head left when you exit the hotel and turn down into Calle Tanca. That will lead you right down to the pier. Once there, head left again for the cruise terminals. Less than 10 minutes.

Thank you.

Just be sure your cruise departs from the Old Town pier, not the Pan America pier on the other side of the harbor! I don't if anyone other than Carnival departs from Old Town...

We are on Carnival Fascination.

We don't mind walking. I just wanted to make sure it's not a long trek given we are towing one large suitcase.

But hey, it's all part of the adventure.

A quick look at Google Maps shows the walk from Milano Hotel to Pier 4 at 8-9 minutes and 650-750 meters of a walk (depending on which route you take). Seeing that the Milano is near The Parrot Club, I did this walk last month from the Sheraton OSJ, which is right in front of the Pier. There is a slight uphill going from the pier, so it is a slight downhill from the hotel. Nothing memorable for the walk - I didn't use a map, but I just knew it was uphill on Forteleza, so I walked up and across and up again until I came to the street, then walked down Forteleza to TPC. But, I don't think I took more than 10 minutes with my wanderings.

A quick look at Google Maps shows the walk from Milano Hotel to Pier 4 at 8-9 minutes and 650-750 meters of a walk (depending on which route you take). Seeing that the Milano is near The Parrot Club, I did this walk last month from the Sheraton OSJ, which is right in front of the Pier. There is a slight uphill going from the pier, so it is a slight downhill from the hotel. Nothing memorable for the walk - I didn't use a map, but I just knew it was uphill on Forteleza, so I walked up and across and up again until I came to the street, then walked down Forteleza to TPC. But, I don't think I took more than 10 minutes with my wanderings.

Thanks for the assistance. We've decided we're going to walk to the pier with our luggage in tow from the hotel. I think we will make two trips. First trip for luggage the porters can load up and second trip with our carry-on.

Now to determine how early we can drop off pie luggage...

I dropped off at 11:00 and when I left the following week at 10:00 they were taking luggage. It seems the porters are out there pretty early

Thanks. I just walked to the pier from Milano Hotel. Less than 10 minute stroll and it's all pretty much downhill. Very doable.

I asked the pier staff and they said porters start taking luggage at 10:30 and passengers start processing at 11.

I'm definitely walking our luggage there at 10:30. We only have 3 roller bags.

Edited by NEMMRRC

Thanks. I just walked to the pier from Milano Hotel. Less than 10 minute stroll and it's all pretty much downhill. Very doable.

I asked the pier staff and they said porters start taking luggage at 10:30 and passengers start processing at 11.

I'm definitely walking our luggage there at 10:30. We only have 3 roller bags.

That means you should be on the Fascination by now. Enjoy your cruise and I hope you can enjoy a bit of Puerto Rico on your way back.