"Ultimate" suite benefit??!!

But what if you have 48 people from the Aqua Suites that want to ride. :eek:

And the odds of that happening are? How often do you think all 6 of them go at max capacity? Probably never. Most probably go half full on average but anything is possible. In such a case I would assume they would probably arrange for some alternate times. Either way do you really think this is something that will impact 6000 cruiser each week? On Freedom class it is often the case that the lines are 45 minute or more just for one ride so even with the Star Class full and using the privilege to the fullest it still would likely be better than Freedom class on most days. Of course this would be an extreme example.

Again, I guess some people like to stir up a hornets nest over nothing. This is like the diamond lounge forum in which all these diamond status people got worked up about being kicked out of the D lounge on May 1. And for what? Nothing changed. Now maybe it will change but the point is the information was wrong and the person that said the flowrider system sucks doesn't even know and hasn't even been on Allure since star class started.

I honestly don't even know why some of these people cruise on Royal given how they love to bash Royal and the way they do things.

Edited by topnole

From what I can tell the person you are agreeing with hasn't even been on Allure since star class rolled out. Before you so quickly agree with someone that says this perk sucks you may want to think about the facts a little more and not just some gossip that isn't based on the truth or the reality of economics.

I can agree with someone's viewpoint without having to document the veracity of their post. Most threads are just opinions and speculation. If we want facts, we can all mosey on over to the award-winning Royal Caribbean website.

I expect that there will be a lot of ways the perks are handled over the coming weeks as it's a new program.

And also, if people are paying, "...10K, 20K, 30K, etc..." for a cabin, I think that Royal can open the flowrider for an extra hour if needed. Maybe they can get one of the waiters who only works in a specialty restaurant to cover it. Or maybe one of the executives can get 50 cents less in his check one week.

But what if you have 48 people from the Aqua Suites that want to ride. :eek:

What if they are mostly Star kids, and want to do stand up surfing, while the Star adults can only manage boogie boarding? That would be elite warfare. Dang they would need both flowriders.

Edited by marci22

They don't do it the way it is described in that literature. That is rci for you. I'm sure things will change as they learn but still only a few weeks of star class on allure. Just imagine the cost to open all that stuff like an hour early for 1-2 people.

They had a sign all week by flowrider on one side for star class only. So they would let 4 or so regular line poeple go then a star class line person etc. never saw it myself and I rode a lot but someone in line told me they saw it done once for just a couple times. No biggie as there only 11 star class cabins on the entire ship. So star just go get banded and get a different color indicating star class. So those people probably weren't informed properly how to get priority treatment. They were however correct in that they weren't supposed to have to wait in the normal line.

I did not notice the star class line at the flowrider on Oasis last week but we were only observers, not riders, so I wasn't really looking. There was a star class entrance on the zip line though. Never saw anyone get in line there but there was definitely a sign at the entrance on the side the zip liners launch from.

The other thing I noticed that people were talking about was elevators displaying priority service on the display above the elevator door where the floor number is usually displayed. Not sure if that was just medical using the elevator, but I saw priority service a lot.

I can agree with someone's viewpoint without having to document the veracity of their post. Most threads are just opinions and speculation. If we want facts, we can all mosey on over to the award-winning Royal Caribbean website.

I expect that there will be a lot of ways the perks are handled over the coming weeks as it's a new program.

And also, if people are paying, "...10K, 20K, 30K, etc..." for a cabin, I think that Royal can open the flowrider for an extra hour if needed. Maybe they can get one of the waiters who only works in a specialty restaurant to cover it. Or maybe one of the executives can get 50 cents less in his check one week.

That's fine. If you like agreeing with people who have no idea what they are talking about, have at it. I actually use this forum to find out facts over speculation. People piling on erroneous or speculative information really do a disservice to the group overall because they crowd message boards making it harder for people to get to accurate information and informed opinions.

A statement of false information and an opinion that it sucks by someone about the flowrider line on Allure since the new star class started who has never been on Allure (since the new star class started) is ridiculous. Perhaps I should give advice to people about cruises in the Pacific even though I've never been there. That would really help everyone out.

They don't do it the way it is described in that literature. That is rci for you. I'm sure things will change as they learn but still only a few weeks of star class on allure. Just imagine the cost to open all that stuff like an hour early for 1-2 people.

They had a sign all week by flowrider on one side for star class only. So they would let 4 or so regular line poeple go then a star class line person etc. never saw it myself and I rode a lot but someone in line told me they saw it done once for just a couple times. No biggie as there only 11 star class cabins on the entire ship. So star just go get banded and get a different color indicating star class. So those people probably weren't informed properly how to get priority treatment. They were however correct in that they weren't supposed to have to wait in the normal line.

As a Star Class cruiser who brings his own boards I will wait in the normal lines unless it is bat crap crazy long. The best people you meet are in line, and when you only have a few purple wrist banders it won't take much longer. Now I will have a purple one all week as well as one for the flowrider to wear.

If you really want it quiet with no lines, you rent it for an hour. We usually do it twice a cruise. It is the best riding as no one is there, I can play my own music and often the crew you get want to be there.

We just returned from Serenade of the Seas' Ft. Lauderdale-to-Copenhagen transatlantic, which we thoroughly enjoyed--short review to follow in a couple of days.

On the second day, though, I witnessed the craziest ever exchange at the Guest Services counter. The passenger ahead of me started out speaking calmly and quietly, but the volume of her voice increased gradually until she was shouting, and she began waving her arms and pounding the counter. I watched the back of her neck turn pink and then red until I could (almost!) see smoke rising from her ears! And let's just say her language wasn't very ladylike.

The issue? She had somehow determined that in the event of an evacuation passengers from her muster station would use one of the conventional, round-bottomed lifeboats. She felt the catamaran-style ones would be safer and more comfortable, and--as a suite passenger--she demanded a guarantee that she would have a seat one of those. She felt the premium price she'd paid for the cruise should extend to superior emergency arrangements was not about to take "no" for an answer.

I have no idea whether one type of lifeboat might or might not be better than another, but the idea that suite privileges should extend to lifeboat seating seems off-the-wall crazy to me! I suspect alcohol might have been involved in her demand!

HAHAHAHAHA wow that's too much!:D:D

We just returned from Serenade of the Seas' Ft. Lauderdale-to-Copenhagen transatlantic, which we thoroughly enjoyed--short review to follow in a couple of days.

On the second day, though, I witnessed the craziest ever exchange at the Guest Services counter. The passenger ahead of me started out speaking calmly and quietly, but the volume of her voice increased gradually until she was shouting, and she began waving her arms and pounding the counter. I watched the back of her neck turn pink and then red until I could (almost!) see smoke rising from her ears! And let's just say her language wasn't very ladylike.

The issue? She had somehow determined that in the event of an evacuation passengers from her muster station would use one of the conventional, round-bottomed lifeboats. She felt the catamaran-style ones would be safer and more comfortable, and--as a suite passenger--she demanded a guarantee that she would have a seat one of those. She felt the premium price she'd paid for the cruise should extend to superior emergency arrangements was not about to take "no" for an answer.

I have no idea whether one type of lifeboat might or might not be better than another, but the idea that suite privileges should extend to lifeboat seating seems off-the-wall crazy to me! I suspect alcohol might have been involved in her demand!

;) You should have stayed for the last line. The GSO eventually told the nice lady that the Concierges was on her life boat and they would take much better care of her there. Now, if you still want to change to the shopping boat you may. She went away happy. ;)

Poor attitude by them but star class should get priority access on that and flow rider. No saying it is right or wrong just stating their new perks. They gave my dad a purple band and he didn't wait in line on the zip line. Now he didn't demand it and of course he wasn't rude. They offered it to him so he used the perk. Wonder why you or them had to wait in a long line if you didn't want to. Maybe they weren't really star class.

The thing was... There was not a long line. There were 4 people in front of us all suiting up. It's a little rude to go up to someone and tell them to unsuit because they're "STAR guests" (their words, not mine). It's not like they had to stand in line forever. But to make someone unsuit?? It was a bit over the top. They could have gotten in right behind the group in suit, etc. however their thought was they should be literally NEXT because they graced us with their presence.

The thing was... There was not a long line. There were 4 people in front of us all suiting up. It's a little rude to go up to someone and tell them to unsuit because they're "STAR guests" (their words, not mine). It's not like they had to stand in line forever. But to make someone unsuit?? It was a bit over the top. They could have gotten in right behind the group in suit, etc. however their thought was they should be literally NEXT because they graced us with their presence.

Not flowrider savvy, what is suiting up?