Harmony of the Seas Puzzle Room: Escape the Rubicon

Just finished the puzzle room on Harmony. It's a designated room with Hollywood style sound effects and lights. There were 8 of us in my group and our Royal Caribbean leader was Erica (from America). She had a lot of enthusiasm which added to the fun.

It was easy to sign up using the Royal IQ app on board. Participants have to be at least 14 years old.

We did end up solving the puzzle with just over 2 minutes to spare.

I'll post a couple of pictures that don't give anything away next.

Can you give any hint on the types of clues or puzzles they have? I am not trying to get you to give anything away. :o

For example, do you have a set of mathematical questions to answer? Scientific knowledge required? Or is all of the information contained in the room and you just need to be able to find it and put it together?

There wasn't any scientific knowledge needed or hard math. You watch a short video outside the puzzle room and then inside there is another video. The whole room is part of the puzzle, and it involves finding clues, matching, figuring out codes and patterns and luck.

We had a lot of trial and error and - again - some luck. The sound and graphics were quite good as well. Everyone worked really well together.

It was one of the best things I've done on a ship, you should try it!

Can you give any hint on the types of clues or puzzles they have? I am not trying to get you to give anything away. :o

For example, do you have a set of mathematical questions to answer? Scientific knowledge required? Or is all of the information contained in the room and you just need to be able to find it and put it together?

You should definitely try it. They have it scheduled throughout the day, and it takes just over an hour. The technical effects are so realistic.

Sounds really intriguing. I'd love to try it.

I assume only one group can use the room at a time? Are the time slots really blocked up because of this?

On this cruise there was plenty of availability when boarding using the Royal IQ app. There were staff in The Attic on Deck 4 to help with entertainment bookings as well.

I think the room holds 14, for my time slot there were 8 of us plus Erica the leader.

There is a countdown clock while doing the puzzle and it stops at the end. If everyone in a group wasn't able to go together, it would be fun to have a friendly competition to see whose group finishes faster. It would also be a great cruise critic competition on longer cruises like trans-Atlantics.

<a href=1aeab060-3c68-48b9-9060-c507111e425d_zps

You should definitely try it. They have it scheduled throughout the day, and it takes just over an hour. The technical effects are so realistic.

I´ve booked the Puzzle Room in my cruise Planner. Do I have a chance to solve the riddles if I´m not perfect in English ?

Greetings from Germany -Frank-

Can I ask why do you think its 14 and over.

Not trying to break the rule for my special snowflake just wondering.

For our 7 June sailing, this activity is open for booking via the Cruise Planner. I tried adding my daughter in and the error message was something like this activity is only for those 12 and older.

Great--please come back and tell us what you think.:D

We escaped!!!! 2 minutes to spare. It was much "flashier" than the one on Anthem/Ovation and, tbh, I didn't think it flowed as well.

Definitely not for children; it requires a lot of mental

Agility and the trick is to have "geeks" in the room on the team who will solve it !!! We were not very good at the team communication and there was not a natural leader.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

We escaped!!!! 2 minutes to spare. It was much "flashier" than the one on Anthem/Ovation and, tbh, I didn't think it flowed as well.

Definitely not for children; it requires a lot of mental

Agility and the trick is to have "geeks" in the room on the team who will solve it !!! We were not very good at the team communication and there was not a natural leader. Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Congrats!! I need to make sure I sign up for this. Although DH and I are not very "geek." :eek::D:rolleyes:

No not physical, but you do have to look in all corners, high and low for clues and there are 2 smaller rooms that you 'unlock' which you probably would not be able to get in to.

The main room is not that big with a central table. We had 14 in the group, there should only be 12..... And it felt a little tight.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain